Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

DD starts gradual entry to preschool tomorrow (PIPs of the school.)

Feels exciting but weird all at once.  I made the mistake of looking at baby pictures over the weekend and got all sentimental.  ;)

Anyway, I'm just glad we got into the Reggio Emilia school we so desperately wanted.  I took these pics the day of our interview/tour.

Outside...  right next to hiking trails, farms, and close to a very nice shopping mall.  ;)

The class of 2010 got very interested in space and envisioned and created this rocket.  It's a real hit with the kids in the yard. (I, um, even went inside!)

DD loved the little bridge in the semi-Japanese style garden

Part of her classroom.  The kids wanted a water play area, drawing table, and story circle with tree stumps in this area.  It probably will be different soon.  The kids change areas of the classroom every few months.  (They give the ideas, the teacher helps make them happen.)

I wish my closet was this nice.  ;

One of a few quiet reading areas.  They have a lot of books, but often take the kids to the library so they can choose their own books on current topics of interest.

The kids all take turns setting the table and serving the snack.  (And very often making it, too.)

A different classroom area

The kids in the class of 2012 (will be DD's class) were obsessed with getting an indoor 'non-baby' swing right in the classroom.  The teachers helped make it happen.   It's bolted to the ceiling.  DD loved it!  (her poor bruised legs!)  It will remain there till the kids get bored of it.   Then the space will remain blank for a while, then the kids will eventually decide what will go there next.

Of course, she looooooooved the itty bitty potties. Had to give one a whirl.

I didn't get a picture of the kitchen (gorgeous!) unfortunately or many areas of the classrooms... but this gives a general idea.  The kids in her class are really into cooking right now.  So she'll be joining them in making butter, breads, and jams from scratch this week.   :)   I guess they've had some real flops.  lol.  But they've been visiting local farms and bringing fresh produce back to do the jams and snacks with.

I also don't have pics of the back yard or woodworking room.  They built an amazing treehouse last year.  (Yes, the kids built it.  Using power tools!)  It's pretty funky.  They did a good job.  They designed it, made up a budget, and all went to Home Depot to get the materials.  Of course, they had help, but everything they do is driven by the kids, and they participate in making it happen to a very large degree. 

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie - (C6hS)

Re: DD starts gradual entry to preschool tomorrow (PIPs of the school.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"