Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

side sleeping question

For those of you that have little one sleep on there side using a rolled up blanket... do you still swaddle LO?  DS will not sleep on his back at all anymore, and we are getting very little sleep.  We have the swaddle me blanket and I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to still use it while side sleeping. TIA! 

Re: side sleeping question

• Options
    We used to put N on his side in a sleep positioner, and we would swaddle him with his hands crossed on his chest - it helped him balance.  We stopped putting him on his side when we started pushing out of the positioner with his feet and we found him face down in the corner of the crib one morning.
  • Options
    I don't see why not, I'd just make sure LO's arms are free from the swaddle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't swaddle, but DD always hated to be swaddled anyway.
  • Options
    Yup, we swaddle and DS likes to fall asleep on his side. We use a sleep positioner to keep him on his side as well. His swaddle is big around his neck, so he can break his arms free without a problem, but when he starts to roll, we will probably leaves his arms out. We haven't had any problems thus far.
  • Options
    My DS doesnt sleep on his side.but i just wanted to comment because I saw your bump "name" and I am a Jayhawk alum! Rock CHalk Jayhawk! Thats all!
    image   image
  • Options
    We swaddled and put him in a sleep positioner on his side. Now that he is bigger and stronger, when we put him on his back he turns himself on his side to sleep. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"