Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

will you keep your room decor the same when dc is a toddler

or do you plan to move dc to another room and/or do another theme?

dd's room is currently light green & purple, and we have purple/green baskets in her closet that match.  She has cherry munire newport furniture.  She will be moved to the room next to hers at some point.  I like her room fine as it is but for practicality when we have another baby we'll want to continue to have nursery directly across from us.  I don't really want to paint the same colors all over again in another room but also don't know what to do with the baskets since they'll no longer match anything.  I could try to sell them on Craigslist or something but with this economy I doubt anyone would buy them or I'd get much for them.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: will you keep your room decor the same when dc is a toddler

• Options
    I am trying to do a room that will grow with the child...so I dont need to redo it until they are old enough to want something different.
  • Options

I didn't paint DD's room when she was a baby I just used wall borders, pictures and decor that went with the theme.  She is now 3 at about 2.5 I did her room with Cinderella wall stickups and she has a princess theme and got her a new bed set.

I would say that if you paint...go with colors that will grow with DC and can be used with any theme. You just never know what your kids will like.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We purposefully designed the room so that it would grow with our LO...With the exception of the crib bedding not fitting a real bed, he could technically use the same room/theme until college, if he really wanted liked it!  LOL
  • Options
    We will definitely be using the nursery room for a few years - the theme and decor is going to be such that it will work easily until kindergarten or so... plus, the other spare room is our house, while bigger, has to be our guest room for when our parents come to visit... so until we move it's going to have to work - don't plan to change the colors or anything else really - just convert the crib to a day bed, then the full size bed...  If we have another child (this is our first) then we will have to get rid of the guest room, move the first born into the bigger room and put the newborn into the established baby room, same furniture, same everything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we're doing our nursery so it will grow with the baby - and then we can swap out artwork as the baby gets older to make it work still. All of our furniture converts and we'll just take the glider out of the room.
  • Options
    We are keeping the nursery gender neutral (team green).  When the time comes we will move LO to the spare room and use the same nusery for LO#2.  We need to paint the spare room soon (it is pink, tan and chocolate brown with "sweet dreams" and stripes painted on it - not our style and a really bad paint job) but we will wait until after LO is born to choose the colour to paint it and hopefully when the time comes for LO to move into that room it will not need to be repainted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

the room dd is in now is definately something that could grow with her or any other child.  There is nothing special painted on the walls, they're just green on the bottom, white chair rail and purple on the top.  I really like it but my point is that when we have another kid we will use that room for the baby as it is directly across the hall from us and dd will be moved to the room next to it (currently computer room).  I guess if we have another girl then we won't have to re-paint the nursery at all and can also use the baskets again.  Otherwise unless we paint the computer room soon to be dd's big girl room green and purple as well the baskets won't match.  I am still looking for big girl bedding and she will keep her furniture until she's ready to buy her own. 

so plan color around bedding or find bedding based on room color?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am a decor lover so my girl is 15 months has just gotten a redo room.  I like to paint once a year because it feels cleaner with nice paint on the wall with out all the little dirt marks and scratches that happens to a wall.  So after Christmas I will change some more things in daughters room so she can have more big girl stuff.  But if you don't like to do that then I don't know what to say but purple and green can match a lot of other color combos so I would keep them or use the green again if you have a boy next time.
  • Options
    Our nursery is going to stay the nursery for the next child as well.  We will just take out the pink accents that we have in the room and move them into our daughters room and then put new stuff in the nursery for the 2nd child depending on what the sex of our 2nd child is.  Our nursery is neutral so it will work for either sex.  And we will pick out a new theme for our daughter when she moves out of the nursery. 
  • Options
    We will probably keep it the same!
  • Options
    We plan to keep our DC in their rooms until we move from this house (at least 3-5 more years) so we decorated them so that they are easily changed out and pretty much any decor would work.
  • Options
    Yes, we are designing the nursery so that it will grow with him - pics of some decisons we've made so far in my Baby Blog.
    the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"