LGBT Parenting
Options

Friday Feelings

Okay mamas - what's up? How's everybody doing this week?
Mrs._F
sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Friday Feelings

• Options
    Emotional! Not only was it the first week of the new school year ( im a preschool teacher) but with all of the discussions and decisions, im a little stressed out. Also for some reason my prenatal vitamins have decided to make me a tad sick in the last few days! Grrrr
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love that you can now start this post! :-)

I'm just super emotional lately.  I seriously feel like crying almost constantly. Fortunately I don't actually break down in tears but I know they could come at any time.  The bloat is getting a tad better but I feel really wide today. My pants that normally require a belt no longer do.  :-(  K says I don't look like I've gained extra weight but when I weighed in at my OB it was the heaviest I've been in at least 6 years.  It's still a low number but it just makes me feel blahhhhhh. And I'm trying to tell myself the extra weight is all in my boobs. Boobs, which be the way no longer fit into any bra I own. 

But I'm thrilled that I'm entering my 10th week!  9 down! Woo-hoo! It's really all very exciting and I'm thankful for every minute of it :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel great! I'm so excited!  I do feel a little weird about just floating out in space until my first midwife appt, which will be on Monday the 21st.  It seems like such a long time to not do anything!  C and I are both just so happy to have gotten our bfp, and stunned that we were lucky enough for it to happen right away.  I really had mentally prepared myself for months and months and months of stress with no success.  Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and willing our little poppy-seed-baby to stick with us!!

My belly is definitely swelling/bloating, encouraging me to go pick up a Bella band this weekend...I can't button almost all of my pants!

The biggest change I've noticed is my appetite. I am hungrier, but the big thing is what I'm hungry for.  I think now that I feel my appetite growing (I was hungry for lunch yesterday...an hour after I ate my lunch), something in me is telling me - you better only eat good stuff!!  So I suddenly only want good, healthy food.  Certainly nothing to complain about there!  Maybe that will help balance out the unhealthy cravings I'm sure I'll have at some point! Wink

I'm defintiely a little emotional.  I just look at C and think of how much I love her and how happy I am...  Oh jeez- I'll stop right there, LOL!  I actually got misty-eyed reading my "You're 4 weeks" email from Baby Center today! 

Mrs._F

• Options

I'm scared. I'm hate being scared. I want to relax and enjoy this pregnancy, but it seems like as soon as I do, something else pops up to worry me. I am really not this much of a worrier in real life-- maybe it's the hormones???

This is my third day without any morning sickness. Sounds like a good thing, right? Except that I'm terrified that it might be a bad sign. (Of course I had to go and read on 1st tri where someone said her m/s suddenly stopped and it was because something had happened to one of her twins...so sad!)

I wish the bleeding would stop. I didn't have any Tues, Wed, or Thurs of this week and was feeling really good about that (longest stretch since Sat. the 15th). Then of course last night it came back. Not as bad as before, though, so I am hoping it is just because I was more active than I should have been yesterday. (Note to self: elevators, not stairs!)

But enough of the yucky stuff, now to the happy stuff!

It is wonderful being pregnant! And S has been so sweet. Every morning and every evening she kisses my belly and says good morning or good night to the babies. I love it!

I am almost 10 weeks! Every week milestone we pass makes me so happy, and I am especially excited about 10 weeks because one of the books I have says that all of the new developing is done by 10 weeks, so after that it is mostly a matter of existing structures growing. How cool is that?!

AND, I just have to say again how thrilled I am to hear Mrs._F's news. I hope everyone else who is trying follows suit shortly! What an awesome baby boom! Smile

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    TWB - I'm glad to hear that you are able to enjoy being prenant in spite of the stress.  I would be stressed too!  I'm already stressed knowing I don't get to see a midwife for a whole month!   How will I be reassured that I'm still pregnant for all that time?!  Just try to breathe deep and have faith in your little babies!!  You're already almost 10 wks and they are getting bigger and stronger every day!
    Mrs._F

• Options

I feel like the closer we are to coming home the harder it is.  We are looking forward to having a "normal" life again.  Although we will never be normal again.  Ella is doing well and we skipped a gavage feeding at 11 and just nursed.  We will see how that goes.  S is giving her a bottle at 2 and then I will nurse her again at 5.  Lets hope she keeps this up since she will be able to get rid of her gavage tube once she is feeding all by mouth. 

I must say that as excited as I am about her being able to come home I am also really freaked out about it too.  I am totally going to be the mom who wakes the sleeping baby to make sure she is ok.  We also have so much to get done at home before she comes home.  There are going to be some really late nights coming up.  Must run and check on the little one and make sure she is not starving!

• Options

I am still feeling really good and blessed.

Oddly, I'm finding I have a body image issue I didn't think I would have.  I find myself really envying women with cute and obvious bumps.  Mine, while cute to me, is quite B-shaped.  (Apparently my belly button just wants to suck in, so I look like dough that's just been punched down).  Add to that that sometimes the muscles are tight and drum-like and other times are flabby, and it's driving me a little nuts.  I know this will pass.  I've only had a belly to speak of for two-ish weeks, but it's weird how this in-between time has thrown off my usual confidence.

I'm waiting waiting waiting to feel movement too.  I've felt some things that are suspicious, but nothing definite yet.  So I get a leetle jealous of those who are feeling movement earlier too.  Hmmm... trend?

Next week is the anatomy ultrasound.  I'll be 18.5 weeks, and really hope that everything is wonderful.  Now that everyone knows about the pregnancy and our daughter will join us at the ultrasound, it feels like the stakes are raised.  What if something's wrong? (I know it won't be, but the worry still creeps in... I think it's compounded by the not feeling movement yet.)

Aside from that, blessed as all get out, and really excited for the first tri-ers in the group.

• Options

so.....it's way past friday and i'm woefully behind on the board in general (please forgive me, it's been busy around here!), but...

things are good, although we're stressing a bit about everything we need to do around the house. we've been making progress, it just feels a bit overwhelming at the moment. we should have our bedroom painted by the end of this weekend and hopefully the electrician will be able to come in and finish the work in the nursery so we can start painting and getting it set up.

the cool thing, though, was that we had our tour of the hospital this weekend and we loved it. it's a great setup, and has some really great features that i'm thrilled about. so awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"