Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Introducing Landon! (PIP)

Hello Ladies!  Landon came into the world 2 weeks early at 4:30pm on Wednesday August 26th weighing in at a whopping 8 pounds 2.5 ounces, 19.5 inches long and a full head of dark hair (very unexpected!) I can't imagine how big he would have been if he stayed in there two more weeks!  Thanks Rae for updating for me!  Full birth story after the picture Big Smile

Now for the full version; I woke up 3:30 Wednesday morning with some contractions. I was a little suspicious because they were mildly painful and none of the contractions I had had so far had hurt. I laid in bed until 4 and then woke up Justin to tell him this might be it. Of course after we got out of bed I only had about 3 more contractions in 2 hours. I decided a walk might get things going so at 7am we headed out the door.

We had only been walking about 5 minutes when I had another very strong contraction, after that they were coming every 5 minutes like clockwork. By the time we got back to the house I was having to stop walking when I would get one so we headed in to the hospital.

My original plan was to see how long I could labor on my own naturally without any drugs but the contractions were so painful in the car on the way in that I knew I would want the epidural right away. They need to run lab tests and get your IV in before administering the drugs so I knew it was going to be at least an hour wait anyhow. Once we got into an inpatient room they monitored the contractions and the baby's heart rate and did an exam and realized I was already 3 centimeters dilated so they admitted us into a Labor and Delivery room. I received my epidural around 10:30 am and although that was rough once it took effect it was heaven.

My Doctor checked me again around 1 pm and I was 5 centimeters so he broke my water. About 45 minutes later the nurse checked me and I was already at 9! Around 2:30 pm I was feeling a lot of pressure and when she checked me I was completely dilated, she paged my Dr. and had me start doing some practice pushes while we waited for him. I started really pushing hard around 3:15 and he was born at 4:30! My Dr. said "wow, he's a big baby!" and he wasn't kidding!

Aside from being totally shocked at how big he is and all that dark hair we are totally in love! Landon (and mommy) are doing really well, he is a very good baby. He is very mellow and only cries when he needs something. All the nurses were even commenting on how laid back he is. Time will tell if he stays that way!

Re: Introducing Landon! (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"