Blended Families
Options

How many kids total?

When DH and I started dating, he told me he didn't want anymore kids since he already had two. He eventually (obviously) came around and has been telling everyone we'll be adding two of our own to the bunch. Some people give us goofy looks as we'll have 4 total kids, not that I care. I'm excited! This will mean that the SK will have to share rooms with the biokids, but they'll be fine with that. We will eventually have to buy a bigger car. Actually, by the time this LO arrives, we'll have to come up with some creative arrangement for our car... We have a Civic and currently two kids in booster seats. The two boosters fit fine, but with an infant car seat...umm, no. They don't fit. In IN, a child does not need to be in a booster seat after age 8. SD will turn 8 when LO is 5 months old. Hopefully they'll all be able to fit after that. Until then, I guess we'll be taking two cars anywhere we go (ugh). *I'm open to suggestions. :-)

How many do you (and/or DH) have currently, and do you want to have any more children? If you are the BM in this equation, did you ever think you would have any more? How will your answer affect things like sleeping, cars, etc?

Just my curiosity to pass the afternoon...?

Re: How many kids total?

• Options
    We have two from previous relationships and will likely have two more when all is said and done. People do give us the side eye sometimes because we have a boy and a girl, why should we want more? But not only have I always wanted more than two children but I would kill to share the experience with someone who is a supportive and equal partner, who is just as excited about the baby as I am.

Click me, click me!
  • Options

We both have one from a previousrelationship and we would love to have 2 together one day.  I'm not sure if that will happen but definitely one more. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We both have 2 from previous relationships (2 boys, 2 girls all under 10!).  We really wish we could have one of our own (he's a pretty amazing father) but he had a vasectomy after his daughter was born.  As much as we'd both like to have another baby, we definitely have our hands full with 4 kids! We also had to get a bigger vehicle and bigger home to accommodate our family when we doubled in size! But I wouldn't have it any other way!!

• Options
    I have one SK, and DH and I would like to have two more (including the one on the way).
  • Options
    MH had two kids from his previous marriage and we have one together. Originally he wanted more with me but he decided he was done. He's a good amount older than me so having a newborn again has been a challenge for him. So we are stopping with 3 total. We're already outnumbered right there. Ha!
  • Options
    I have 2 SSs, and we'd like to have one together within the next few years.
  • Options
    We would like to have 2 children together.  I have 1 SD (we don't see her but maybe once a year if that?) So a total of 3 children.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have 2 SDs, 6 & 8 years old and FI and I plan to have 2 more for a total of four.  FIs family is huge, 4 kids is not a big deal but I'm getting the side eye from my family and friends.  Unfortunately I don't forsee us having a 5 bedroom house so SDs will probably always share a room.  We don't have them regularly though, for 8 weeks in the summer and alternating holidays and they share a room at their mom's house so it's not like it'll be an inconvenience to them to share, it's the norm.  Plus they've already told me they don't want to share a room with a "baby who screams all the time".  AND it would be pretty weird for an 8 or 9 year old to share with a LO sooo I think it'll be fine.  Can't wait for my mom-mobile though!  Right now I drive a Toyota Yaris and FI drives a hunk of junk so we can save for a bigger car.  We take the Yaris on long trips and we're usually up to our chins in luggage, blankets, coolers and stuffed animals.  I can't WAIT for the extra room!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH has 1 who is 19 and we have 2 together so 3 total.  We never had to worry about the car because SD got her license and a car shortly after.  But, I am not a huge fan of rushing kids out of a booster since they are the safest way to ride in a car so unless the oldest is very big I would recommend taking two cars even though very annoying...it will be way more comfortable too b/c being between a booster and infant seat will not be comfy.  Also, I am not sure how BM is but I would probably not be very happy if my child was taken out of the booster seat the moment they turned 8...but I realize that my kids are little and I have not gone through this yet but I was not happy that DH let my SD drive in the front at just over 11.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

DH had twins when we married and also said he wasn't sure he wanted anymore. Well I got pg with twins a couple of weeks before our wedding so that went out the window as well. Everyone used to make comments like, "so you're done now right?" I just looked at them like they were crazy. I tell them just because I married a man with kids doesn't change the desire I've had as a little girl to have 3 or 4 kids. So I'm pg with #3 (it will be 5 total) and we're actually thinking of having MAYBE one more. People think we're crazy but I don't care. I just say, well this is only MY third baby and we only have the other two kids half the time. They have a mother. And they leave me alone. LOL

As far as the car, we always had a yukon denali from the start so we're just filling up the seats with kids. LOL We're about to have bedroom issues cause the older twins are b/g and will need to be separated soon. But new baby will be taking the spare bedroom. We're looking for a bigger house now with 5 bedrooms!

• Options
    imagehindsight's_a_biotch:
    But not only have I always wanted more than two children but I would kill to share the experience with someone who is a supportive and equal partner, who is just as excited about the baby as I am.
    Yes
  • Options

DH has a son from previously, and we would like to have 2 together. (1 of those coming in Feb!) But twins run in both of our families, so I am secretly hoping for twins next time because I want more than he does Stick out tongue

• Options

4 total for us.  I have one DD, DH has two boys, and we have a little boy on the way.

• Options

Fi has 1 son and I do not have bio's.  We are planning to start trying the night of our wedding according to my Fi and his mom!!!  He wants kids and has no limit on how many we have.  I on the other hand would like to do more traveling, dinner dates and 'us' time.  Hopefully i'll catch this baby fever I hear about soon as I just turned 31 Indifferent

In regards to our cars, I drive an Audi A4 and he drives an Audi A6 so space is not a factor.  Also we are currently building a 5 bed house, no probs there either. 

• Options
    imagehterry85:

DH has a son from previously, and we would like to have 2 together. (1 of those coming in Feb!) But twins run in both of our families, so I am secretly hoping for twins next time because I want more than he does Stick out tongue

Only you can determine if you have twins not your DH. They run on the maternal side. Everyone thinks my DH is the reason he has twins with ex AND twins with me. I quickly let them know it runs on my side (we have 5 sets) & his ex had IVF.

• Options
    We have 3 boys (see siggy) from my previous marriage, now DH & I are pregnant with our first, and we'd like one more together.  So, 5 total.

PHOTOS REMOVED

• Options
    DH has a son from previous marriage and I had none.  We now have 2 year old twins (IVF).  No more for us.  We're done.
  • Options
    DH has SD from his previous marriage, we have one on the way. That is IT! lol. We are pretty much the sole financial providers for SD, plus she is with us about 75% - 80% of the time. 2 kids is all I can afford to put through college :) Either DH or I is getting clipped after this baby :)
  • Options
    My DH has 3 kids (8 year old SD, 7 year old SS and 5 year old SS). He always claimed he was getting a vasectomy from the moment he met me because he was done and his EX had a tubal after youngest SS.

I have a 9 year old DD from and I told him up front I have always wanted another one. (Really, I always wanted 3). Eventually we agreed to have 1 more.

So we have 4 between us currently with 1 on the way so that will bring us to 5. We have stepkids EOW & EO Holiday and we fixed his weekends so they correspond with the weekends my DD does not go to her dads so they can all be together. So EOW we have no kids, until the baby comes...which is another reason we wanted another one. It's hard to go from 4 kids one weekend to NO kids the next.

We both were the youngest of 4 kids. My mom was 1 of 7 and DH's Aunt is adoptive mom to 6 kids. So we NEVER get any flack from family about the # of kids we have. However, I'm sure we get looks when we are out in public, I tend to ignore them, but I'm sure it will get worse when I actually begin to show with this one. We do get asked  if any of them are twins  A LOT lol. Usually, that's when I explain that 1 is mine and 3 are his and then everyone seems content with that answer.

Unless we get a larger vehicle (which I am planning for) we would have to drive separate cars after LO gets here.

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    My husband has an almost 15 year old son,a 12 yr old daughter and a deceased son that would be 17 from his first marriage.  This is his fourth,my first. We are having a girl, and I'm lucky to be having her. He originally wanted one more, then he decided he had enough,and along comes  ours. He is definite that this is it for us and would like me to  get a tubal. I am fine with one biological  child, what ifs come into my head like will I want another in 3 years or so? He says all we need is one b/c sooner than later his kids will be producing grandchildren, and we don't need to have kids that are close in age to their kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"