Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Dull ache in lower abdomen...could I be pregnant?

Hey, ladies (and guys)!  This is my first post.  I'm 33 years old and hubby and I have been TTC for 2 months now.  I've been off the pill since June of this year, but we didn't officially start trying until July because I had some oral surgery I had to have done first.  I was on the pill for 13 years before June.

Anyway, I ovulated last Tuesday, 8/25.  We had sex on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  Of course there's no way to know if I'm pregnant or not but I've had a dull ache in my lower abdomen on the right side all day today.  It's very low, about 5 inches below my belly button and slightly to the right.  Also, I've woken up the past 3 mornings about an hour before I usually get up because I've had to pee like a race horse!  That's very unusual for me.  I realize that this is not due to any sort of baby sitting on my bladder (obviously...not yet!) but I've read that frequent urination can be a sign of pregnancy.  I'm just wondering if either of these could be signs this early that I'm pregnant?

I know I'm probably over-analyzing things but I'm just hoping this may mean we got lucky very early!  Thanks for any info! 

Re: Dull ache in lower abdomen...could I be pregnant?

• Options

I don't have an answer for you, but this resource was put up on another board here to answer this question. Hope it helps.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/symptoms-of-pregnancy/PR00102

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you chart? If not please do so on fertilityfriend.com. It should take away some of the mystery. Gl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    maybe. maybe not.
  • Options
    imagemsrkilpatrick:

I don't have an answer for you, but this resource was put up on another board here to answer this question. Hope it helps.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/symptoms-of-pregnancy/PR00102

Thanks!  My BBT has also been slightly elevated the past couple of days and I'm constipated (TMI, I know, but I'm sure that kinda thing is commonly talked about here!).  So I guess I can keep my fingers crossed for a couple weeks to see if I miss a period!

• Options

imageKK2004:
    Do you chart? If not please do so on fertilityfriend.com. It should take away some of the mystery. Gl!

I do chart but not on fertlityfriend.com.  I tried to and their credit card system made me mad so I swore off them....haha!  Anyway, I have been charting myself from the form I found here.

• Options
    There is no way on earth we would know what is going on with your body better than you would. POAS.
  • Options

imageAbc15379:
    maybe. maybe not.

thanks for that?  haha!

• Options

it would be way too early for frequent urination.

Wait 2 weeks after you ovulated and test

10-8-12: Grant is born!! Now a family of 5! 2-3-12: Totally unexpected BFP!! 12-10-10: Vera and Nora are born! *Beta#1(13dpFET):262*~ *Beta#2(20dpFET)4,835 TWINS!!!!!*~*Beta#3(@6wks)11,032 TRIPLETS!!!!! Baby A h/b: 109. Baby B h/b 112. Baby C h/b *praying* 4-6-10: FET (2 ET)....BFP 1-15-10: IVF (2 ET)..... BFN (1-28) 1-12-10: ER! 21 eggs! 10 to keep, 11 to donate :) 8-11-09: IUI #4 (FSH hCG) BFP .... 9-08: C/P 6-19-09: IUI #3 (FSH hCG) BFN 5-28-09: IUI #2 redo (FSH hCG) BFN 5-08-09: HSG: All clear! 4-21-09: IUI #2 canceled (clomid reaction) 4-1-09: IUI #1 (natural) BFN 9/08: S/A less than 5mil (10% mobile) -varicoseal surgery to fix...results worth it! 5/06: Endometriosis surgery 9/07: off of BCP A rejection is Gods protection. A dissapointment is His reappointment
  • Options
    imagepunkin413:

imageKK2004:

I do chart but not on fertlityfriend.com.  I tried to and their credit card system made me mad so I swore off them....haha!  Anyway, I have been charting myself from the form I found here.

it's free

TTC#1 with PCOS since 3/2009 2 surgeries to remove dermoid 7 medicaid cycles=BFN 3 IUI's=BFN IVM= BFP Twins- missed m/c @ 9weeks
  • Options
    imageDC2London:

I tend to get pains like those right around O, and especially after.  Do you chart?  How can you be sure of when you O'ed? 

Like you said, it is really too early to tell.  Implantation would likely not even have occured yet, so you definitely wouldn't be having symptoms yet.  Wait a week or so then POAS and hey--I hope it's a BFP!  GL!

I do chart and so far my periods have been 28 days on the dot.  Also, I started using an ovulation test kit and my LH surge was detected on Monday afternoon, so I'm thinking I ovulated on Tuesday, like I should have.  Excuse my ignorance, but I'm new at this - what is POAS?  And also BFP?  I figured out GL...thanks!

• Options
    4 or 5 dpo is way to early to have any sort of symptom - or to be pregnant for that matter
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

imageondjima:
    There is no way on earth we would know what is going on with your body better than you would. POAS.

again, forgive my ignorance.  what does POAS mean?

• Options
    imageAutumnBride102007:

it would be way too early for frequent urination.

Wait 2 weeks after you ovulated and test

That's what I was thinking, too.  Weird.  Thanks!

• Options
    imagelindsaymaea:
    imagepunkin413:

imageKK2004:

it's free

I did the 30-day free trial there but once that was done the chart they were offering for free really didn't tell me anything but when I'm supposed to ovulate, which I could figure out by just charting myself.

• Options
    Again, please understand that all this is very new to me.  This is the first time in 33 years of my life that I've tried to get pregnant.  There is so much conflicting information out there and I thought by coming here to a forum that the participants would understand the questions I have and maybe even the way my mind is running away from me when it comes to symptoms of pregnancy.  Your understanding is appreciated.
  • Options
    imageDC2London:

POAS = pee on a stick (take a pregnancy test)

BFP = big fat positive

In the menu on the left side of your screen, toward the bottom, there is a "Bump Board Glossary," where you can find a lot of the ubiquitous abbreviations/acronyms on these boards Smile

thanks so much!

• Options
    You might want to lurk a bit.
  • Options
    You might want to try posting on another board, maybe babycenter.com. They are much nicer on that board about questions such as yours. Some of the women on here are a bit moody and get an attitude if you're a newbie. Just a heads up!
  • Options

imagepunkin413:
    Again, please understand that all this is very new to me.  This is the first time in 33 years of my life that I've tried to get pregnant.  There is so much conflicting information out there and I thought by coming here to a forum that the participants would understand the questions I have and maybe even the way my mind is running away from me when it comes to symptoms of pregnancy.  Your understanding is appreciated.

We all started with no info, but if you lurked a bit and used google too, we wouldn't have to answer questions about abbreviations ect.  

• Options
    Punkin!  Shoot me a PM if I am freaking you out because you don't know how I know who you are!  Glad to hear things are going well with you and DH.  It is very helpful to lurk here.  The ladies have a lot of helpful information, and lurking will definitely show you the more accepted questions.  I have been lurking for the better part of 5 months and have figured out a lot.  Obviously from my post count I have only recently started asking questions.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageoctoberwedding5252:
    You might want to try posting on another board, maybe babycenter.com. They are much nicer on that board about questions such as yours. Some of the women on here are a bit moody and get an attitude if you're a newbie. Just a heads up!

AE, MUD

• Options
    imageoctoberwedding5252:
    Maybe you should go with her.
  • Options

I have had cramping between O (ovulation) and AF (aunt flo) every day for the last couple months with BFN.  I think it is what body would have been doing had I not been on BC for so long. 

You should definitely lurk before posting.  Sometimes, newbies get flamed for asking questions like yours because most of the people posting have been around a long time. The responses you have gotten have been VERY nice for this board.  People like to see the online chart with Fertility Friend (FF) when you want advice about your chart or cycle.  That's the big reason everyone suggests charting with FF. 

GL

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageAbc15379:
    imageoctoberwedding5252:

THIS!  

2 m/c's before DS, 3 m/c's post DS (Jan '12, March'12, May '12) image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAbc15379:
    imageoctoberwedding5252:

I usually am actually. Just want to give this girl a heads up before you rip her to shreds.

• Options
    imageoctoberwedding5252:

imageAbc15379:
    imageoctoberwedding5252:

I usually am actually. Just want to give this girl a heads up before you rip her to shreds.

Bye!

• Options
    imageoctoberwedding5252:

imageAbc15379:
    imageoctoberwedding5252:

Uh hey Ms Douchtastic its Saturday and people are bored so everyones being nice. But you go ahead and head back :)

• Options
    Well thank goodness you swooped in,October. She was about to be reamed up the asss for sure!
  • Options

imageAbc15379:
    Well thank goodness you swooped in,October. She was about to be reamed up the asss for sure!

This made me giggle! It is true though, I mean we told her to chart?!?! How rude of us! I think it is because we are so moody!!

• Options
    Wow you ladies are just too much fun to get riled up!!
  • Options

imageAbc15379:

LOL! 

2 m/c's before DS, 3 m/c's post DS (Jan '12, March'12, May '12) image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageoctoberwedding5252:

shoo fly!  

• Options
    imageoctoberwedding5252:
    Believe me honey, it's even funnier that you think you have the power to get us 'riled up'.
  • Options

imageoctoberwedding5252:

Thanks for the advice.  I honestly don't have time to "lurk" so that's why I *thought* that posting here might be helpful but I guess not.  I would think that a group of women trying to get pregnant would be a reason for people to be nice to each other.  Guess I was wrong.  I feel like I'm in high school again.  I won't be back.  And you guys can save your comments because I won't be reading them.  Thanks for those of you who actually replied with a non-snooty response.

• Options
    imagepunkin413:

imageoctoberwedding5252:

Thanks for the advice.  I honestly don't have time to "lurk" so that's why I *thought* that posting here might be helpful but I guess not.  I would think that a group of women trying to get pregnant would be a reason for people to be nice to each other.  Guess I was wrong.  I feel like I'm in high school again.  I won't be back.  And you guys can save your comments because I won't be reading them.  Thanks for those of you who actually replied with a non-snooty response.

Everyone was nice.

• Options
    imagepunkin413:

imageoctoberwedding5252:

: chokes on Green Tea: Are you serious???
  • Options
    imagepunkin413:

imageoctoberwedding5252:

: chokes on Green Tea: Are you serious???
  • Options
    imagepunkin413:

imageoctoberwedding5252:

Oh don't be so ridiculous, everyone was nice to you. Now take your Octoberwedding pet and leave.

• Options
    imagepunkin413:

imageoctoberwedding5252:

Here is my snooty response...

You are 33 years old and TTC.  You are obviously smart enough to chart your bbt but you know absolutely NOTHING about how your body works and how conception works.  I don't know about most of the women on this board but before my husband and I decided to start TTC I learned about my body and what to expect.  So I wouldn't have to ask a bunch of internet strangers questions about how my body works.  Grow up.

• Options
    imagepunkin413:

imageoctoberwedding5252:

Aaaaaaaaaand.....End scene. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"