Cleveland Babies

Quad Screens

Hi I'm new to the whole message board thing & seriously technolgicall challenged. I am in my 2nd trimester & had my quad screen.  I am preg w r 1st & I am 37.  Due to age alone my risk of things is greater than normal although so far my pregnancy is going great.  Something did show up & I am having a detailed sonogram on Monday to find out if everything is ok. I am very scared. Anyone else going through this?

Re: Quad Screens

• I had mine months ago. Im sorry that they found something.... but I will tell you I have had several friends have their chances come back high for downs or CF and they had perfectly healthy normal babies.Quad screens have alot of false positives.

Did they give you an amnio or any other test? Your 20 week anatomy scan will also pick up on any irregularities. I'll be praying for you

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Thank you so much! I kno it's probably nothing but until I know for sure it's just unbearable to think about. Imgoing monday for an in depth sonogram. im trying not to worry too much & looking forward to them telling me she's a girlBig Smile I'll update  soon as I can.  We decided not to tell anyone until we know for sure so your support is soo overwhelming.  Thank you thank you thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I didnt do any of the screenings, just ultrasounds so I cant help with that but I have several friends who had abnormalities show up on NT and Quad Screens and after further testing (u/s, CVS, amnio) they found out everything is ok. I hope this happens with you, too! Good luck and hang in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am very ahppy to report that all is well in our little worldSmile.  We got to find out the sex of the baby & just as I predicted it's a little girl!  I am sooo excited.  If you read my profile you know that we have 4 boys all adopted & this is our miracle girl.  Thank you sooo very much for your support, well wishes, & prayers.  It means so much especially since youdon't even know me!

If you guys are ever going to be in the Canton area please let me know.  I would love the opportunity to thank you face to face & lets face it I'm sure we could all eat so maybe a lunch date?  

Again a million thanks for your support! 

• Oh Michelle! Im so happy for you :) Im so glad everything is a-ok!

Congrats on your little girl! After 4 boys you need one! 

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Im glad everything worked out, and congrats on your little girl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"