South Florida Babies

"bumpies"...

Is anyone else DYING to know what your baby looks like? This is seriously one of those things that I can't stop wondering about and I think it is hands down the one aspect of giving birth that I am most excited about. I am just dying to see what she looks like.

Do you already picture your baby in your head? Every time I think about her, for whatever reason, I picture a really fair-skinned baby with light hair and light skin which makes zero sense since DH and I both have brown hair and brown eyes and are pretty tan. So I know that's not at all what she's going to look like, it's just the image I have stuck in my head. I look at baby pictures of us and I try to imagine her looking like that but it's still so hard to imagine.

Another thing - I know this sounds insane but I was looking at her u/s pic (the one in my siggy) and a picture of me as a newborn the other day, and I swear I think she kind of looks like me. I see a real similarity in the profile of the cheeks and the nose. I showed DH and he said I was crazy and that you can't tell what she looks like from the u/s lol. I'm sure he's probably right, but deep down I still swear I see a resemblance ;)

Any moms reading this - do you think your baby came out looking anything like their ultrasound pics?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: "bumpies"...

• Jake doesn't look anything like I imagined him, but with that said, he does look A LOT like his 3D u/s pictures!
  • it wasn't until our final u/s (which was not a 3d image) that i "knew" she looked just like my dh. my mil saw it and so did i. it was front image of her face...it was such a good picture that i actually saw the resemblance from her eyes down to her cheeks and looked straight at my dh and said "she's gonna look just like you, watch". when she was born all everyone kept saying was "omg she looks just like the last sonogram and just like your dh"....it was crazy....she still does :)

prior to that i always had a picture in my head that she was gonna look just like my sister when she was a baby, i dont know why, but i did.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing! I swore that my hispanic genes would shine through - the olive skin, the dark hair, the chocolate eyes........and nothing! LOL! How did I end up with this fair skinned, blonde haired, blue-eyed little girl that looks nothing like me! The only thing she got from me was the shape of my eyes - but they change so much so fast it is crazy!
  • They change so much so fast but when Abraham was just born he looked nothing like 3D pics. Except for the cheeks, I knew he would have big cheeks because of that sonogram. I would stare at all my sonograms and try to picture him, and I pictured him nothing like what he looks. He changes every day though so who knows.. I still don't think he looks like either one of us, but I do see features of ours in him (i.e. he has my eyes and my husbands mouth).
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think more than anything, when I see other kids in public, I find myself wondering if Nico is going to look like that or act like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Don't worry Jen, you're definitely NOT the only one. I was looking at the 20 week u/s the other day and said something about how I think she has Nick's nose and Nick just looked at me like I was crazy! LOL

I constantly find myself thinking about what Carley looks like, or who she'll take after. Nick and I look like total opposites (he's blonde, tall, and can totally pass for being non-hispanic). Me? Not so much! LOL Also, Nick had a ton of hair when he was little. And it was all soo blonde that it looked white! I, on the other hand, didn't have a lick of hair until I was like 2! I see my neice and nephew (who looks like Nick's mini-me) and wonder if she'll look anything like him. I'm still debating the 3D u/s vs being surprised though.

• I'm not sure who Bella will take after...as far as looks go.  I'm wondering if she'll look like Mario as a baby (ultra blonde w/fair skin and green eyes) or like me (Nikki you're not alone w/o hair) no hair till 2 yrs old and BIG brown eyes.  Or maybe a mix of the two. One thing for sure...we are going to have one LONG arss baby.  DH is 6'4 and I'm 5'9...plus we were both big babies.

I just wonder what her attitude is going to be.  I'm a really smarty pants...have been since I was a child.  I also needed things to be my way or the highway...I wonder if she'll be like that too.  Or maybe she'll be like DH and always be cracking jokes.  I wonder if she'll take after him in the math department (which I really hope she does).  DH is really good at calculations for financing and accounting.  I on the other hand suck at it!!!

I like Nikki wanted a 3D/4D u/s but now want it to be more of a surprise.  Most of the 3D u/s really resemble the babies...so I'm not 100% that I want one now.  I'm thinking if we already know its a little girl...maybe the rest should be a surprise.

• I haven't decided yet if I want the 3D ultrasound. I'm leaving it up to DH. He thinks they're really cool but I don't know...I kind of like the idea of just having her little face be a surprise (as much as it's driving me crazy to know what she looks like).

BTW, this is the newborn picture of me that made me think she looks like me:

I was looking at her u/s pic (the one in my siggy) and I see some similarity with the profile, esp. in the cheeks and the nose. I know, I know...I'm crazy lol.

• imageMrsJessNJorge:

I think more than anything, when I see other kids in public, I find myself wondering if Nico is going to look like that or act like that.

LOL yes...and a lot of the times I find myself thinking, "I hope Emma DOESN'T act like that kid..." haha.

• imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:

I haven't decided yet if I want the 3D ultrasound. I'm leaving it up to DH. He thinks they're really cool but I don't know...I kind of like the idea of just having her little face be a surprise (as much as it's driving me crazy to know what she looks like).

thats what we say....well i...dh was dying for a 3d, but i felt since i already knew the sex i really wanted to be surprised!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"