Los Angeles Babies
Options

new to board...

Hi...I am new to the board and just wanted to say hi to everyone.  I just wanted to know if anyone did the 12 week waiting period before telling their friends and family about your pregnancy.  We are so excited but I'm Chinese and we usually wait until after 12 weeks. 

Re: new to board...

• Options
    Hi there.  I think most people wait to tell people, except maybe parents.  This board is usually pretty dead, you might get more responses on the 1st Tri board.
  • Options
    We told immediate family (parents, siblings and grandparents) after our first ob appointment.  Which was about a week after the doctor's confirmed it with the blood test.  We waited til after the first ob appointment so we could show them an ultrasound picture.  The rest of the family, friends and coworkers we waited until I was out of the first trimester.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMonkees_Meow:
    We told immediate family (parents, siblings and grandparents) after our first ob appointment.  Which was about a week after the doctor's confirmed it with the blood test.  We waited til after the first ob appointment so we could show them an ultrasound picture.  The rest of the family, friends and coworkers we waited until I was out of the first trimester.

This is what we did too.

• Options

people usually wait until after their first trimester to tell people about their pregnancy, but when we found out at about 6w6d we told our family first. Than at about 8w we ended up announcing it to our friends and coworkers. I guess it's really the couples decision to tell or not. i know there is superstition about waiting til after the 1st trimester, but it was really hard to keep it from people with me not being about to eat anything... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"