South Florida Babies
Options

Rec female OB/GYN pls

hi ladies, I have always been more comftable with a female ob/gyn and I would really feel more at ease with a women doctor.

So we are looking in the Miami/Gables/Miami Lakes/Hialeah or even Pembroke Pines area. We would love the new Memorial Miramar Hospital but do not mind South Miami or Baptist.

We just m/c and would like to start ttc after my first AF, and im short on time.

I was going to Monica Daniel but was upset how they treated my m/c and was still not able to see Monica Daniel.

Thank you so much for any help!!

My Blog: One Project at a Time Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Chart
CP 05/09
BFP on 7/26/09 - M/C 8/13/09 @ 7 Wks
BFP on 10/28/09 - M/C 11/9/09 @ 5 Wks 2 Days
1/25/10 - RPL results everything normal but have low Progesterone
BFP on 06/09/10 - EDD 02/20/2011

Re: Rec female OB/GYN pls

• Options

There are two female obs in the practice I go to. My doctor is Jimenez (a man), but I have seen the two women at my last two prenatal appointments and I like them both a lot: Dr. Deborah Siman & Dr. Ileana Perez.

7000 S.W. 62nd Ave., Suite 200A

South Miami, FL 33143

305-662-9320

They deliver at South Miami Hospital.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Forgot to add that I'm really sorry to hear about your loss :( Lots of prayers and good vibes going your way for a BFP very soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dr daniels works in a practice where 4 other drs work as well...u cant just show up in a practice and expect her services on demand...a practice means that ANY of the drs that work their are ALL your drs. im sorry for ur loss i wish u luck in ttc
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Beatrice Hecker - I believe her office is located across from Baptist Hospital.  I went to her for the birth of my first child. 

• Options
    I second the rec for Dr. Beatrice Hecker 305-274-3211...She delivered my son and hopefully will be able to deliver my second baby ..she is very good :)
  • Options

imageCesEve99:
    dr daniels works in a practice where 4 other drs work as well...u cant just show up in a practice and expect her services on demand...a practice means that ANY of the drs that work their are ALL your drs. im sorry for ur loss i wish u luck in ttc

Thank you for your post, but Im not sure where you got the impression that I showed up and demanded her....

I originally called to see her for my first prenatal appointment and they do not schedule you to see her first. you will have to see all the doctors and then her, by the time I see her it will be too late in my pregnancy to switch doctors if I am not comfortable with her. 

What I said in my post was I was not happy with the service they gave me during my appointments with the m/c. And in fact, they diagnosed me with something that I did not have and said that I had no idea when I conceived or my ovulation date after I told them 5-6 times that  have been charting and we only BD once that week and I had everything chartted down.

Anyways... Thank you ladies for all of your posts. Today I am calling their offices to start scheduling appointments.  

My Chart
    CP 05/09
  • Options
    imagechachita07:

imageCesEve99:

Thank you for your post, but Im not sure where you got the impression that I showed up and demanded her.... 

let me correct myself...you have posted several times, both on this board and the newlywed side about dr daniels office. 3 other ppl, including myself, advised you that they are a practice and also advised you that you must meet with all drs first, not just call and request that she be your doctor off the bat. we all vouched for her as she is a well respected and knowledgable dr. for you to only have gone to the practice for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden say "YOUR dr was not available" when you didn't even have a chance to meet with her yet sounds unfair imo. to say that you were unhappy there overall is a better statement. but to be a patient only for a couple of weeks, never had met dr daniels, and then say "she was not available for you and she was your dr" sounds a tad bit exaggerated. plenty of other posters have given you recs to good drs, if you feel uncertain i would call your general practicioner and have him give you his/her recs...that's what i did.

as i said prior, i wish you luck in not only finding a dr but also in ttc...again, im sorry for your loss.

• Options
    and im most certain that they didnt tell you that you have to meet with all the other drs first, they probably didnt have an available appt for you until later on for her since she books up quite fast. i personally met with all of them since i knew that any of them could have delivered my daughter.
  • Options

AND fyi:

if you have something to say to me or about me...then i suggest you do so directly to me and not do this:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/21111565.aspx

in all my years on the knot/nest/bump etc. i have never been known as SNARKY. this is a PUBLIC board and i will say what i feel like saying at all times, if you cant deal with it thats your problem.

whos snarky now??

• Options
    Yes you are correct, and that is why I choose this practice since it was so highly recommended.

However before I was pregnant I called to make an apt with Dr Daniels and the secretary told me that I would have to see the other doctors prior to see her and I even told her that I am in no hurry and I can wait until she is available even if it means waiting 2-3 months and still they did not let me see her. She told me that I would have to see the other doctors, so I do think that I was being fair and not requesting an apt within a couple of weeks.

Im not sure where you got the statement of me saying  "YOUR dr was not available" nor "she was not available for you and she was your dr" to me this sounds like you are being a tad exaggerated. All I said about the office was... I was going to Monica Daniel but was upset how they treated my m/c and was still not able to see Monica Daniel.  And just incase you did not read it I gave the office plenty of time, In fact I told them whatever day she is avaiable, I do not mind waiting so that they can schedule my first appointment with dr monica and they would not.

Anyways, thanks for your time and I am not the type of person to be going back and fourth with you. 

Thank you ladies for your Recommendations! 

My Chart
    CP 05/09
  • Options
    imagechachita07:

Anyways, thanks for your time and I am not the type of person to be going back and fourth with you. 

you may not be the type of person to go back and forth but you sure are "classy" in posting a whole new thread about me on another board. way to go you!

• Options
    imageCesEve99:

AND fyi:

if you have something to say to me or about me...then i suggest you do so directly to me and not do this:

in all my years on the knot/nest/bump etc. i have never been known as SNARKY. this is a PUBLIC board and i will say what i feel like saying at all times, if you cant deal with it thats your problem.

whos snarky now??

I guess you should call yourself something else than Snarky because half of the things that you typed are all wrong and you must have read half of my post by going on out and trying to " " something that I did not even say... You are making a huge Drama and adding words and Sentances  that I did not even type.

Then I guess I must have been the first person to tell you something, because I have seen tons or your posts that are rude and not even on the topic.

Anyways, I'm not going to get my account deleted or whatever over something that You obviously did not even read and tried to put in your 2 cents.

My Chart
    CP 05/09
  • Options
    imagechachita07:
    imageCesEve99:

AND fyi:

whos snarky now??

I guess you should call yourself something else than Snarky because half of the things that you typed are all wrong and you must have read half of my post by going on out and trying to " " something that I did not even say... You are making a huge Drama and adding words and Sentances  that I did not even type.

Then I guess I must have been the first person to tell you something, because I have seen tons or your posts that are rude and not even on the topic.

Anyways, I'm not going to get my account deleted or whatever over something that You obviously did not even read and tried to put in your 2 cents.

really??? now not only am i snarky, but im rude? honey you dont even know me! and im never on topic? lol

i can most guarantee you that MANY of the girls that i have met on these boards will agree with me when i say....WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

thats what you get when you try to help someone. wow...um...way to make a name for yourself on here with all that crap you are saying.

• Options

All I can do is LOL...

Just look at what I posted and then look at what you replied with... To start of with both of your quotations that you are quoting me must have been quoted from someone else, because I certainly did not type that.

And please do not think that you helped me at all with any of your post starting from the first one (which meanwhile was allllll wrong... me demanding to see Dr monica and then those two quotations from god knows where).

I really doubt that the girls here would like for you to voucher for them as they have all been so helpful and kind and actually read the post and reply with information that is consistant. 

Thank you for your time Big Smile 

My Chart
    CP 05/09
  • Options

um yea whatever

i end this by saying stfu (now you can call me rude)

lol - the end

• Options

I like Dr. Chi at South Miami....but as in large practices, she wasnt the one on the call the night i went into labor GO FIGURE!!  But i had dr. Miranda, who is also female and was ok. So i guess what im trying to say is I like Dr. Chi but I dont recommend them b/c she is part of a large practice.

I am soooooo sorry for your loss and wish you lots of luck ttc again!! :)

• Options
    aside from the drama, i'll add my own rec... my ob's not a woman, but he's not in a big practice at all.  it's just him.  He practices in an office of 4 other obs, but he's the ONLY one who will see me AND deliver me.  In fact, sometimes his appts are pushed back a few hours (they'll call you in the morning) because he's been called into labor.  His name is Dr. Henry Glick and his office is off of 87th ave in Kendall, right across from Baptist (where he delivers.)  He makes you feel really comfortable, and his medical assistant, joanie, is always in the office and exam room with him and is a sweetheart.  He also calls back personally within 10-30 min if you call the office and he never makes you feel like you're bothering him.  he's great.
  • Options

imagebritishbride05:
    aside from the drama, i'll add my own rec... my ob's not a woman, but he's not in a big practice at all.  it's just him.  He practices in an office of 4 other obs, but he's the ONLY one who will see me AND deliver me.  In fact, sometimes his appts are pushed back a few hours (they'll call you in the morning) because he's been called into labor.  His name is Dr. Henry Glick and his office is off of 87th ave in Kendall, right across from Baptist (where he delivers.)  He makes you feel really comfortable, and his medical assistant, joanie, is always in the office and exam room with him and is a sweetheart.  He also calls back personally within 10-30 min if you call the office and he never makes you feel like you're bothering him.  he's great.

omg youre seeing dr. glick!!! lol he used to be my ob/gyn. he's my moms as a matter of fact. he's super nice right?? i dont know why i changed. i wanted a female and felt he was kind of rough when he did the exam lol!!!

• Options
    imagekvwerne:

imagebritishbride05:

omg youre seeing dr. glick!!! lol he used to be my ob/gyn. he's my moms as a matter of fact. he's super nice right?? i dont know why i changed. i wanted a female and felt he was kind of rough when he did the exam lol!!!

I've been with dr glick since i was 18!!  my mom goes there, too :)  he's sooo nice!  I <3 him lol

• Options
    Sorry about how poorly your post got treated and sorry for your loss. I was very happy with my doctor during both of my pregnancies, though he was a male. I saw Dr Augustino. There is also a female doctor in his office, Dr Gadh. who is just as wonderful. For whatever reason, I preferred having a male doctor, but having met with Dr Gadh a few times myself, I can tell you she is a wonderful doctor. Good luck on your search for a new dr and best of luck TTC again. Most of this time, this board is a wonderful source of helpful and useful information.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck in TTC and sorry to hear your experience at Dr. Daniel's office was not a good one. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"