Pregnant after 35
Options

I can't decide if this is hormones or demonic posession

I need to change my name to Cranky McB*^ch these days. I have been so horrible, moody and impatient for the last week, I don't know how DH has managed to stay in the house with me. The poor guy can't seem to do anything right and my poor SS is working my very last nerve. Yesterday there were tears about a messy kitchen counter and a 15 minute rant about dirty clothes on the floor next to the hamper (seriously, what is that all about) . Am I pregnant with demon spawn? Will this go away?

To my DH's credit, he takes it all in stride and even claimed that it is cute that I try to suppress it. 

Re: I can't decide if this is hormones or demonic posession

• Options

"To my DH's credit, he takes it all in stride and even claimed that it is cute that I try to suppress it."

Clone that man and sell him! You'll be rich!

It's always hysterical to look back on your pregnancy (after you're through it of course) and see what kind of heinious things you did and your loved ones put up with..and how normal it seemed to you at the time you were doing it.

• Options

I promise it's the hormones.

Today, I ranted and then cried because dh had put his wet bathing suit on top of the dirty laundry pile, thus wetting some of the dirty laundry in the pile. At the time, it seemed like the end of the world. Angry

It will improve in a few months! Until then, I'm taking notes for when I'm old and cranky and can actually get away with stuff like this - whien I hit 80, I'm gonna channel my pregnant self and inflict it all on the world! Big Smile

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    love it!  it's hormones and just wait until you're approaching 40 wks!!!  you will truly feel possessed, but hopefully your DH wil be prepared. 
  • Options

I vote for Demonic Possession because that just sounds like a better excuse than boring ol' hormones.  

Tell everyone your name is now Rosemary and you're having the Devil's baby.   Much more entertaining!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Whenever people ask how I've been feeling, etc., I've been telling them I've been doing great.  Then DH will but in and say "I'm the one you should be asking that question to".  Apparently, I'm more hormonal than I think I am....he thinks it's cute too.  Lucky for him my DH doesn't have a short temper and isn't combative at all.  He just rolls with it...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:
    I vote for Demonic Possession because that just sounds like a better excuse than boring ol' hormones.  

Tell everyone your name is now Rosemary and you're having the Devil's baby.   Much more entertaining!

Love this!  Will be stealing this!!!!

• Options

My husband hasn't learned yet.  He's very sweet and communicative, and he hasn't figured out that when I tell him it's "just hormones" it really *is* just hormones.  Lately, if he tries to push me into telling him what's wrong after the third time I tell him "hormones," I just respond with "Mrowr!  Ffft fft!"

It works!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"