Connecticut Babies

Hi everyone, I was on the knot, for a little while, I am almost to my one yr anniversary of being married and DH and I have decide to start TTC, for baby #1. this month. Trying not to obsessed, but am very excited. Any advice or encouragement welcome. I have been burned on chat rooms, so I am a little anxious, but sometimes you just need to talk to other women, about stuff my DH just wouldn't get.

It is slow today for me at work, so feel free to comment!

and Have a Great Friday

Re: Newbie

• Welcome!  This is a very friendly board...unfortunately it's not a very active one!  But there are several people who drop in from time to time.  Did you just recently decide to start TTC?  Just so you know, it can take a little while, so try not to get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away (although understandably bummed!).  When we first started talking about TTC we figured it could happen as soon as I got off BC, but once I started doing a little reading I realized that was unlikely.  This is our 3rd cycle (we'll test in a little over a week).  My advice would be to do a lot of reading (what helps conception, what doesn't, what does your body need in prep for baby, etc), TRY to relax (stress doesn't help), and have fun with it!!  :o)
  • thanks, i have been doing a bit a research trying not to go overboard, we decided to start now, cause I am 33 so if there is a problem we would like to figure out sooner rather then later, I had a friend that it took a year and half, with help. So I have been trying to relax although it is a little nerve racking...I have no expectations as of yet, and we are just trying to have fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just have fun and try not to worry about it.  Good luck.
  • welcome!  this board is unfortunately slow. I check maybe weekly.  It took us 4 months off bcp to get a +hpt.  A great book is Take Charge of Your Fertility. 

• Welcome!  I don't have much advice other then to have fun trying.  If you aren't charting, you might want to consider it as it may help show what's going on with your cycles if you do have TTC.  I found that I started to obsess over my charts, though, so it isn't for everyone.  Otherwise, try not to stress out which is a lot easier said then done!
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imageSaturnmazz:

welcome!  this board is unfortunately slow. I check maybe weekly.  It took us 4 months off bcp to get a +hpt.  A great book is Take Charge of Your Fertility. 

I agree Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book.  I started charting on cycle 4 and got BFP on cycle 7.  It really helps you understand your body and cycles.  Even if you don't want to do the whole charting aspect it will really open your eyes to things your body goes though.  At least it did for me.  I must not have been paying attention in health class!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"