High-Risk Pregnancy

24 hour urine... container not big enough!

I started my 24 hour urine test at 8:10 this morning. I'm not to the 1/2 way point yet, and the container is already 1/2 full. Can I buy another container at CVS? I'm assuming stopping once it is full isn't an option, lol.

Re: 24 hour urine... container not big enough!

• Try to get another container. The lady in the lab said some people have even washed out 2 liter bottles and used those.... they will not count it if you do not use a full 24 hours.
  • I used a 1 gallon pitcher and brought it in and they poured it into another container- then threw it out!  Definately collect all the urine for a full 24 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My H is going to CVS to try and track something down... I can't believe I've filled the thing so quickly!
  • As long as the container is clean and has a seal it should be fine to put the extra in.
    imageimage
  • WTH?! I started my 24 urine this morning as well and I have only peed a total of 12 oz so far...its far less than 1/4 full. Sad. Is not the amount that matters though, right? Or should I be worried now..

• imageSoonToBeTabor:

WTH?! I started my 24 urine this morning as well and I have only peed a total of 12 oz so far...its far less than 1/4 full. Sad. Is not the amount that matters though, right? Or should I be worried now..

I think I responded to you on 3rd tri :) I'm sure it's fine, the reason behind doing a 24 hour urine is to check for protein in your urine over long term... if your pee is more concentrated then it could give you a higher protein level. Since mine is so... diluted it could give a low protein level. The amount you pee doesn't matter! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"