2nd Trimester
Options

For real? Hands down. Is it okay to reach over your head.

Okay so no I don't believe it. But I'm still curious. I am short and alot of things are out of reach so sometimes i tip-toe and reach over my head. Now, a lot of ladies at work keep telling me no no no. Its getting annoying I'm still capable of doing for my self and if its too high i get a step stool. One lady told me that when she was pregnant her doctor told her not to stretch like that because it could cause the baby to get wrapped up in the cord. (that was at least 28 years ago) so has anyone ever heard of this? just crazy or not? I'm thinking just plain silly.

Re: For real? Hands down. Is it okay to reach over your head.

• Options
    It is an old wives' tale.
  • Options
    yes, reach too high and the baby will just slide out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Tongue Tied Nope, not true! OWT

• Options
    Completely an old wives tale. Reach up as high as you want. No truth in it.
  • Options
    dude if that was the case I'd be screwed just from doing lat pull downs LOL.
  • Options
    If it were true, you'd be warned not to wash your hair during pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your baby will come out doing the "Shout" dance. He'll also be a great candidate for "Sure" deodorant commercials.
  • Options
    I Know they are just concerned but i cant stand to hear stuff like that i just want to say " Are You just stupid?" this wouldn't be the first dumb comment and I'm sure not the last.
  • Options

imagecan't wait:
    I Know they are just concerned but i cant stand to hear stuff like that i just want to say " Are You just stupid?" this wouldn't be the first dumb comment and I'm sure not the last.

They honestly believed that several years back. We will be likely saying similar things that we believe now but in a few years time will be proved not true! 

• Options
    MrsHKMrsHK member

imagepmarie33:
    yes, reach too high and the baby will just slide out.

Oh man, I better remember that pose when it comes time for L&D. 

It's not just an OWT, it's what drs truly believed years ago and told their patient's not to do. I wonder what our kids will be able to laugh about someday when they're having kids.

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Options
    LOL!!! Just yesterday a guy I work w/ yelled to me to put down a gallon bottle of clorox I was holding up to show someone over a half shelf...I grabbed the bottom of the bottle and lifted it over my head and laughed at him...he came running around the shelf and told me I shouldn't do that, he didn't want the baby to get wrapped up in the cord...lol, I told him if baby doesn't stop spinning and kicking s/he will do that themselves, (no I don't know if that is how it works or w/e and I pray nothing like that does happen obviously) he seemed totally serious and so I kept a straight face to show him that he was being silly and showing his 'age'....he laughed later...
  • Options

I jogged up a few steps at work and one of the older women told me off.

Again jogging will make the baby fall out.

They do mean it well though. People did genuinely believe that reaching up could do bad things.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I've actually read/heard about this too.  weird.
  • Options

Oh no!  I'd better tell my prenatal yoga instructor that we should stop doing warrior pose!  Sad

When I was put on modified bed rest, I wasn't allowed ot lift anything heavy over my head, but that was a very different thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"