Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

I'm bored - humor me with name opinions!

DH is having a poker night and I don't want to clean.  Now that we get to talk names for real again, it's on my mind a lot!

If Erica had been a boy, she probably would have been Logan.  But now my cousin-i-never-see has a Logan.  So right now our boy name possibilities (even though I'm not a fan of them all) are:
Logan Ward  (Ward is a family name on DHs side)
Carson Ward (DH's favorite...I don't know if I like it)
Calvin Ward (I loved the name Cal for #1, but now I'm not so sure)
Barrett Ward (a new one on our list)

Girl list (as of now...very beginning stage still, of course!)
Leah Jill (Jill is SILs name and I kind of want to use it as a mn...not Jillian since that isn't her name)
Elizabeth Jill
Bridget Jill (although initials would then be BJ)

other girl mn options could be Claire (MILs mn) or Marie (my mom's and my mn)

Thanks for playing!

Re: I'm bored - humor me with name opinions!

• Options

I don't like any of your boy names. Just NMS. I do, however, like Greyson Ward, not that you asked :P

I would not choose Bridget Jill. That would just be asking for ridicule when she gets older. I do like Elisabeth Jill, but Claire or Marie fits better.  

• Options

carson ward isn't bad...

imo, your girl names you have picked out don't really "flow" well together. i elizabeth claire or elizabeth marie

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I like Carson Ward. The others are nms, although I like Bennett Ward (vs Barrett).

Jill is a hard mn...none of them flow that well, but if I had to pick, I'd say Leah Jill. 

• Options

Boy:

Barrett

girl: Leah Marie?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The boy names are nms. For girls I like Leah Marie
  • Options
    imagekelbrian:

I don't like any of your boy names. Just NMS.

I would not choose Bridget Jill. That would just be asking for ridicule when she gets older.

this

• Options
    I like Barrett or Bennett (as pp mentioned) Ward. Ward was my grandpa's middle name and I had never considered using it before. Hmmm. I'm not that fond of any of the girl names, mainly because they really don't flow that well.
  • Options

Thanks ladies   Yeah, Jill is a pretty tough middle name.  I think it's one that sounds pretty normal to our family, but might sound strange to everyone else.

I suggested Bennett to DH but he vetoed it.  I also love the name Coen/Cohen - but DH said "that's barely even a sound."  I'm guessing our list is going to change a ton - I'm sure I'll be asking for opinons many more times! :)

• Options

If I had to pick a boy name, I'd pick Logan.

I like Leah, but not with Jill.  Maybe with Marie

I also like Claire Marie, that way she could be named after both MIL and mom and you could keep the middle name a tradition.  My DD's mn is Marie, so is mine and my mom's, and my late grandmother.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I like all your boy names. Carson and Barrett would be my favorites. And I really like Ward for a mn.

Leah and Elizabeth are so classic. I love them. Bridget is nice, but I'm just not personally as attached.

I do like Jill as a mn, especially since it's significant. Wasn't Erica's mn significant, too. But that leads me to the idea of Lillian and Jillian, and even though I like Jillian better, I'd avoid it for just that reason. I love Claire. It's my niece's mn (spelled Clare), for our late uncle Clarence. And Marie would be a nice continuity since she'd be the 3rd generation to use it.

• Options
    imagemfield:

Thanks ladies?? Yeah, Jill is a pretty tough middle name.? I think it's one that sounds pretty normal to our family, but might sound strange to everyone else.

I suggested Bennett to DH but he vetoed it.? I also love the name Coen/Cohen - but DH said "that's barely even a sound."? I'm guessing our list is going to change a ton - I'm sure I'll be asking for opinons many more times! :)

One of DS's friends is named Cowan (pronounced Cohen). I had never heard that before and like it, although I much prefer the original spelling of Cohen. ?

• Options
    imageLoriFalce:

I like all your boy names. Carson and Barrett would be my favorites. And I really like Ward for a mn.

Leah and Elizabeth are so classic. I love them. Bridget is nice, but I'm just not personally as attached.

I do like Jill as a mn, especially since it's significant. Wasn't Erica's mn significant, too. But that leads me to the idea of Lillian and Jillian, and even though I like Jillian better, I'd avoid it for just that reason. I love Claire. It's my niece's mn (spelled Clare), for our late uncle Clarence. And Marie would be a nice continuity since she'd be the 3rd generation to use it.

Good memory!  Yes, Erica's mn is after my grandma.  Ward would be after DH's grandpa (or it could be Leonard....I voted for Ward over the two). 

I like Claire as a mn (DH won't go for it as a first name), but here's why I'm nervous about it -- since it's still Friday after all.... It's MILs middle name and I'm scared that she'll be a little "over eager" about it.  I don't know how to explain it....but almost acting as if the baby is hers because of the name.  I can just see it happening, but it might not. 

• Options

The boy names really aren't my style, but if I had to pick one, it would be Carson.

I don't really like the flow of any of those names w/ Jill as the MN.  I like Jillian and Leah with Claire for the MN.  I also love Claire as a first name.

• Options
    I really like Barrett for a first name. That is #1 on our boy list if we happen to have one next time around. It was actually my maiden name. 
  • Options
    MrsHKMrsHK member

I would cross Bridget off the list now.

We have middle names picked out, June for a girl. With that I've automatically axed any B-name and J-name. This is probably silly but most every J-J name makes me think of Jenna Jamison. LOL!

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Options

Yeah - I won't do Bridget Jill.  I might keep Bridget on the list in case we use Claire or Marie as a mn. 

I'm guessing we'll think of a whole new name by the time #2 arrives!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"