High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Major freak out re clotting factors - any advice is welcome.

I have elevated anti cardiolipin antibodies and was on lovenox, but had to stop because it was causing unexplained bleeding.  The bleeding stopped almost immediately and my RE is now suspecting that it could have contributed to my MC in December. I am still on baby asprin though.

So, I've been doing really well and feeling really positive and it actually started to sink in that I'm really going to have a baby.  Then last night I decided to read week 16 of Your Pregnancy Week by Week.  And it talked about thrombolia disorders and about the increased risk of late term loss and stillbirth.  I know that, it's nothing new, but sparked a whole new wave of anxiety in me because I feel so helpless about not being able to take lovenox.

I got myself really worked up and was crying and feeling so anxious and so helpless and I really don't know how to deal with this.  How do you come to terms with the fact that the baby inside you could very well die and there's nothing you can do?

When I talked to my OB she talked about the risks to me, but never really addressed the risk to the baby.  I think I need her to talk more about that and what she feels my risk is.  I wonder if I can try a lower dose of lovenox or if there is some way of more frequent monitoring.  I was wondering if they could run my blood work monthly and see if the antibodies are increasing.

I hate this feeling and it's taken over what was finally a happy state of mind.  Anyone have similar issues and not able to take lovenox or heparin?  Any suggestions?

Re: Major freak out re clotting factors - any advice is welcome.

• Options

I think the first thing you need to do is to go see a highly recommended High Risk OB and ask about the low dose lovenox and blood work.  They deal with things like this all of the time. Or get a second opinion from another OB. You have to be your own advocate. I see my high risk ob every two weeks and when going into the office, I write my questions down. Call me OCD, but I have to do whatever I can to protect me and this baby. I took lovenox (switched to heparin recently), folgard, baby asprin and get monthly measuring. I also check my protein and glucose at home and my blood pressure twice a day (I have a history of stillborn due to HELLP).

Good luck and keep us posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"