North Carolina Babies
Options

dbert

Dr. said we could try rice cereal via spoon to get her used to it, but since she is breast fed and doing great with that, dont' mess with a good thing right now! We are not supposed drop any BFings when we do start the cereal since there isn't much to it. He said def. don't do anything else (fruits veggies, etc.) until 6 months. I think I'll try the rice cereal to see how she does with a spoon. Is Jocelyn eating any solids right now? Can't remember! That is GREAT she is sleeping for you. Keira did and then quit. :( I miss those days!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: dbert

• Options

We *just* started rice cereal this past week, since she is 5 months. I didn't want to start at 4. The main reason we started is because she was drinking 4 8oz bottles a day and wasn't STTN, and still seemed hungry.

We have done the rice maybe 4 times, and tried banana 3 times, just mixed in and she really likes it. I only use about 2tsp of the rice cereal, and in the end, half of the mixture is all over her! I do think it is helping her feel fuller and sleep better though. We also have not dropped any feedings, she still gets the same amount of formula each day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is great! How is she doing with a spoon?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The first time she wasn't sure, but now she does pretty well. The only problem now is the second she is in her high chair she starts kicking her legs and grunting, so I have to have the cereal already ready. She still sort of bite the spoon (with her 1 tooth). It is so cute though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"