Houston Babies

Babysitter in Pearland area?

I'm looking to find a good, reliable, trustworthy (duh!) babysitter for Char. We have used my mom for 17 months, but I really feel like I also need to find someone else who I can use in the event my mom can't do it or has other plans, etc. 

I really don't want to use a nanny service if at all possible because I know those are expensive, and we're not looking for a nanny, just a babysitter for the occasional weekend night out or weeknight function. Does anyone have any recommendations for me, or someone they use that they would be willing to share with me on occasion? 

I've heard some people use Craigslist, but that makes me a little nervous. There was a girl (in her 20s, a college student, etc) who advertised in our neighborhood and I put her number in my cell, but when I switched to my G phone, I lost a lot of numbers that weren't in my Sim card ~ boo. 

Anyway, I would LOVE any help from you ladies :) Thank you!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Babysitter in Pearland area?

• I'm looking for the same thing for our 16-month old daughter.  We use my dad and stepmom but would like to find a babysitter for the same reasons as you.  I don't know which neighborhood you live in, but in the latest newsletter for Shadow Creek Ranch, a couple of highschool girls advertised babysitting services.  I was thinking of calling one of them.  But I can't really recommend them since I've never actually met them.  I kept the newsletter at home and can give you their names and numbers after work.

• PSU, I'm also in SCR :)  I *think* I may still have the current newsletter, but I'm not sure...I would love if you would page me again after you get home to give them to me just in case I recycled it already.  Thanks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Will do.  It will be later tonight since I'm taking a meal to a family that had a baby and meeting a friend for dinner in town. 

It's nice to "meet" another SCR person.  I don't post a ton but like to when there is something I can help with or have advice on.  Our daughters seem to be around the same age.  Do you participate in any of the SCR playgroups?  I've been hesitant to join in but would if I knew another person.  All my mom friends are spread around town b/c the church we go to is intown.

• Not a problem; I'm in no hurry!

You too!  You should come to the Pearland Nestie GTGs ~ there's one on Thursday, I think (I'm not sure I'm going) at Center Court Pizza.  

I actually am in two playgroups.  One is just the moms in my section (I'm in Oakwood Terrace), and we get together once a week to play.  The other group is one you should definitely consider joining.  It's on Meetup.com and it's called the Pearland Mamapalooza group.  It is a fantastic group of moms, and people are really, truly good friends in the group.  We just had a bunch of new members come in, so if you're looking to join, now would be a great time to do that!  I love the women in the group and have made some really good friends, and do stuff with them basically every week.  

There is a SCR moms' group that I joined at one point, but I got really involved in the Mamapalooza group and just couldn't swing doing both.  I highly recommend you join it!!   

• I have thought about this recently, as well.  I have thought about asking one of the daycare teachers that I get along with really well to see if she does it on the side.  DH's family all raves about how they want to babysit, but they all live so far away (Katy, Jersey Village, etc.), and they haven't had babies, since I don't know when.   I feel like the daycare teacher *knows* DS and I would feel more comfortable with her.  We haven't had a need, yet, though.  Sorry - not much help!
  • I have a couple that I like who would be willing to travel.  Send me a message via FB or email and I can give you their info. 
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Here are the two babysitters advertised in the SCR Newsletter:

Lindsey Hall 713-824-0556

Megan Walker 713-436-9006

• My DH teaches government at Manvel HS.  I can run those names by him and see if he knows either of those girls for you ladies.
  • DH says that he knows Lindsey Hall, that she is a good kid.  She's in National Honor Society.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"