Working Moms
Options

Thinking of Staying Home 2nd Time? Is it just hormones?

So, at about this same point in my pregnancy last time (22 weeks) I decided to stay home with DS#1. By all accounts, it was a bad decision for me. Please no flaming but I work for the thrill not the money. Anyway, so here I am again at 6 months preggers and all of a sudden I'm questioning going back to work. I work 3 days a week at a very family-friendly organization and have a fabulous childcare set up. I love my job.

I'm just wondering whether I have the capacity to do it all with two kids. Argh! Anyone else been there? How did you deal?

TIA!

Re: Thinking of Staying Home 2nd Time? Is it just hormones?

• Options
    I'm staying home after this one but only because I WANT to.  I returned to work after DS ONLY because it was necessary financially.  That won't be the case for me this time.  So, I guess I can't really help!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

Pregnancy is a really bad time to make major life decisions, as is the first 2 months after delivery. ?You think you are logical, making sensible decisions, but in reality you are mildly insane, and your logic cannot be trusted.

I'm only kinda joking. ?No major life decisions and NO change of hairstyle during PG. ?These are the rules. ?Ignore them at your peril.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegrrlygirl:

Pregnancy is a really bad time to make major life decisions, as is the first 2 months after delivery.  You think you are logical, making sensible decisions, but in reality you are mildly insane, and your logic cannot be trusted.

I'm only kinda joking.  No major life decisions and NO change of hairstyle during PG.  These are the rules.  Ignore them at your peril. 

LOL! You are so right. I got a haircut during my first PG that my stylist tried desperately to talk me out of.

• Options
    I desperatly want to stay home and DH promised me after #2 I could.  If you like your job, try going back and if you really regret it then stay home.  It would be easier to quit than to try to get your job back.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with PP - I'd go back, give it a few months and then make your decision.  The hormones will be gone (or almost gone), you'll be in the swing of things and more suited to decide.  But it is easier to quit a job than to try to get your job back.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ha ha, I'm about to be a 2nd time mom, and I have LESS desire to stay home this time than I did last time! I think it will be much easier for me to go back this time - now that I know how hard it would be to be home with a toddler and a newborn! However, its not really an option anyway finanically, so its good that I feel that way!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"