Two Under 2
Options

Second Diaper Pail?

I'm debating... to get another or no? DD is 16 months old. I probably won't start trying to PT until at least 20-21 months or so (don't want to try to do it right away when baby arrives). DD doesn't go through a ton of diapers, but I just don't know. So, did you get a second pail for dc #2 or did you just make due with one? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Second Diaper Pail?

• Options
    We use cloth diapers and I was planning to get another diaper pail -- mostly so I don't have to leave DD#1's diapers sitting on the counter or something if DD#2 is in the nursery sleeping where the present diaper pail is.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I did.

Didn't use it much.

My advice would be to move the diaper pail out of your toddler's room now and see if you can make it work without it.

We used plastic grocery store bags (kept in the dresser) and bagged each diaper.  Then we took them downstairs to the kitchen trash when we went downstairs.  Poops went straight out to the garage or got scraped into the toilet upstairs. 

We started potty training the baby at 3 months when we started potty training the toddler.  The result was that ALL diaper changes for both kids ended up happening on the floor in the bathroom.  The diapers, wipes, and creams were all kept under the sink.

We ended up not using the 2nd pail OR the 2nd changing pad much at all.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We already had 2, 1 on the first floor, and one on the second floor in DS room. We took the changing table out of DS room to put in the new baby's nursery so we moved the diaper pail into the new nursery as well. We dont change DS upstairs too much, it was mainly after a bath each night. Now instead of changing him upstairs we just take him downstairs and change him and get him dressed. We figured we would rather have it in the new baby's room since he will be waking and need changing during the night and DS STTN.
  • Options
    I'll more then likely get a 2nd pail since the kids will be in different rooms.
    imageimage
  • Options
    We moved our pail to the garage a month ago.  It was so stinky I couldn't stand it anymore... didn't matter what kind of sprays or bags we used and changing the bag 3-4 times a week didn't help either... my DD has some nasty stuff going on.  So no we won't be getting another one just hauling the diapers out as they happen.
  • Options

I did not.
    DD's newborn diapers don't stink so I just use a regular trashcan and empty it a couple times per week.  I hope to be PT'ing DS by the time DD's diapers get stinky (I guess when she starts solids) and will move his diaper pail in there at that time.

• Options
    We will be getting a second one since both children will have separate rooms and therefore separate changing tables.
  • Options
    Never got one to begin with.  I just use a regular small garbage can.  And will use the same when #2 is here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"