Secondary IF
Options

What was your hsg like? Did they give you antibiotics before hand?

I am having mine tomorrow and I am freaked out!    I apparently have 2 pollups on my uterus which they think could be causing my secondary infertility.    I am hoping this works as I have been ttc #2 for a year now with no success after clomid and gonal f.    

I wanted to know if your re gave you antibiotics prior to your hsg?     How long did you have to take them, etc.

Also, did they using a numbing medication to do the procedure?    They apparently do at this office. 

Thanks 

Re: What was your hsg like? Did they give you antibiotics before hand?

• Options

Hmmm....i didn't have any numbing agents, but i may have had antibiotics, it has been so long ago.  I want to say like 5 days before hand---and i think it was doxycycline.  But i have taken antibiotics a few times, so it all blurs together.

Are they removing the polyps?  I know my RE does that with a separate procedure called a hysteroscopy, however, mine does it under general anesthesia, but i know that some do that in the office.   I think the HSG will diagnose them (but my RE does a saline sonogram instead), but i think they must go in there with a hysteroscope to remove them.

removing them was not a big deal for me, but i was out cold, so i don't remember much!

Good LUck! 

• Options

Yes, I was put on Doxycycline.  I had to take two pills the day before, then I believe two pills for 2 or 3 days after. 

I don't think I received any "numbing" agent during/before the procedure.  It was not bad.  Like having a pap done.  Some woman experienced cramping afterward, but I was fine.

Good Luck!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't get anything before my HSG. They told me to take Advil...or wait was it tylenol?? You better ask, but I didn't take it and no I was not given any antibiotics at all. The procedure for me was very quick, but absolutely painful. Tubes were not blocked but felt like they were or something. Thankfully, the pain went away quickly afterwards and I only had slight cramping that day/night.?
  • Options
    LuckyHLuckyH member
    No antibiotics, but I was told to take 800mg of ibuprofen.  They did not use a numbing agent either.  That would have been nice...
    imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Options
    No antibiotics for me, but I did take advil prior to the HsG. Mine was done at the hospital radiology department.
  • Options
    No antibiotics, just Advil, and it hurt like heck for a few mins, then just minor cramping.
  • Options
    Hey I had mine done 6 months ago or so and they told me it wouldn't hurt. Not going to lie mine hurt a bit. I took 2 advil before but they dont give you any antibiotics or numbing or anything. It's really not as complicated procedure as you might think. 
    They asked me to put on a gown and then took me in and had me lay on a table, they inserted a balloon catheter into my cervix and pumped it a bit so it stayed in. Mine fell out 3 times so they pumped it up a bunch and that hurt a little bit. They showed me a screen which had my uterus and fallopian tubes on it 9it was white) then injected the dye (it was blue on the screen) and said there was spill on noth sides indicating clear tubes.
    They then took it out and sent me to the bathroom.
    you may bleed a bit or spill dye so i recommend bringing a pad or tampon. I also cramped a bit for a few hours after. All-in-all really no big deal, period cramps hurt more IMO. 
    Well goodluck and let us know how everything turns out!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

imageLuckyH:
    No antibiotics, but I was told to take 800mg of ibuprofen.  They did not use a numbing agent either.  That would have been nice...

I agree. I was told to take ibuprofen and NO numbing agent. It was like having period cramps but to me it was much worse.  

• Options

Thank you for all the responses.    I will let you all know what happens this afternoon.     I am such a wimp!     

Thanks again 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"