South Florida Babies
Options

music/dance classes

hey girls!

mady is really showing an interest for dancing. everytime music is around her she jiggles, does the cha-cha, puts her hands up in the air and dances away :)

i'd like to enroll her in some sort of music/dance class before summer is over.

do you guys know of any? i looked up gymboree but i'd have to wait until next mth when she turns 16 mths so she can be in the class with kids her age (if i did it now at 15 mths she would be enrolled with 0-15 mth olds, and a class with infants just seems more slow paced for her). does anyone know how much per class? i'd travel to doral, miami lakes, and pembroke pines for these classes....

i'm looking for saturday morning or weekday evening classes...thx!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: music/dance classes

• Options
    btw i also thought swim classes would be appropriate now b/c of summer but she just recently had her ear tube surgery and i dont want to mess with that....so since she is showing an incline for music i'd like to help her develop that new appreciation :)
  • Options
    My niece was in a similar class at UM... they had a great program (another family friend went too).  I'd check the colleges/universities in your area for something similar.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know if they have ongoing enrollment, but the classes at Nova are supposed to be great.  I'm going to start Alexis in 2 of them in September.  They have a bunch of different ones - including music and dance and they have weekends and evenings.

Also there's a place in Aventura called Little Stars that also does classes, but I'm not sure if that have weekends.  

image image

• Options
    imageMrsLeanna:

I don't know if they have ongoing enrollment, but the classes at Nova are supposed to be great.  I'm going to start Alexis in 2 of them in September.  They have a bunch of different ones - including music and dance and they have weekends and evenings.

Also there's a place in Aventura called Little Stars that also does classes, but I'm not sure if that have weekends.  

hey girl....i just looked up nova dance classes....its for 12-18 mth olds which is great for mady....which one did you enroll alexis in? did you show up personally to talk to someone or was all this done over the phone? did you get a direct #? im interested in the 14 wk program thats from sept to dec dance class....

• Options
    imageCesEve99:
    imageMrsLeanna:

hey girl....i just looked up nova dance classes....its for 12-18 mth olds which is great for mady....which one did you enroll alexis in? did you show up personally to talk to someone or was all this done over the phone? did you get a direct #? im interested in the 14 wk program thats from sept to dec dance class....

oops sorry its this one:

Music Together?
    Ages: 6 weeks-4 years
    Developed by the Center  for Music and Young Children, the Music Together approach develops every child's innate love of music by encouraging the actual  experience of music making. This  educationally beneficial, mixedage setting lends a warm, family feel to the class, creating a true community of music makers. price: $260 + $40 family fee (includes two cds, a songbook, and a parent guide for first-time music together? families

• Options

That's the one!!

I'm also going to put her in the Moovin and Groovin class.  I'm going to do the weekday ones, but a good friend of mine has her son in the Saturday classes and loves it!! She brought me home the brochure with all the information so that's how I did it, but it can be mailed in or over the phone.  I'm doing the music at TUesday 11am and the other one thursday 10:45.

image image

• Options

I have no advice, but that sounds great. I wish we had these in Japan. So far, Ayden has developed an interest as well, but I guess for the time we are there, I will just have to use the radio and dance with him myself.

GL and let us know how Alexis and Mady do.

• Options

I'm not in your area, but I know Gymboree will sometiems let your child start the next level even if she hasn't quite reached that age yet.

We did a music class for a few months at a local program here and Zoe loved it!

• Options
    imageMelanieJH1016:

I'm not in your area, but I know Gymboree will sometiems let your child start the next level even if she hasn't quite reached that age yet.

We did a music class for a few months at a local program here and Zoe loved it!

thanks mel! i actually called them and right now they only offer morning wkday classes which dont work on my schedule...they did say i can bump her to the class i wanted though...i think nova is the place for mady ;)

• Options

Spencer has been doing the classes at NSU since he was 6 weeks old, including Music Together.  This past semester we did Baby Rocks & Baby Rolls....which he loved!  In September we will do Music Together, and plan on looking into Movin' & Groovin, eventually I want to enroll him in the Ooey Gooey one. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"