Alaska Babies

? re coping with frustration about night wakings.

How do you guys handle the frustration of frequent wakings at night? Most of the time M just nurses for a couple of minutes & goes right back to sleep, but it' really taking its toll on me & dh. Sometimes she just wants a snuggle (which I love). 

How do you handle the frustration? I'm not looking to get M to sttn if she's not ready to. I just need a better way to cope.

TIA 

Re: ? re coping with frustration about night wakings.

• I've got the same problem. DS wakes anywhere from 1-4 times from 8 pm to 4 am. He'll nurse once, but the other times he's just needing to be rocked back to sleep.

I try to remind myself that he won't be this little forever, and that I will never, ever get these moments back. I just try to enjoy the fact that he needs me while I can.

I'm sorry, I know that's kind of a lame answer and probably not much actual help :(

• I guess I've just accepted that this is the way it is.  And I am thankful that the newborn days are over!  ;)  When you compare this to that, it's a piece of cake.  DS usually nurses right back to sleep as well but then there are nights like last night where he was wide-awake, squealing and talking from 3-4:30am.  Whew...hard on us, but I can handle it.  I guess the most you can do is change your perspective of things?  I'm sorry I'm not more help!
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've just accepted it.  I know it will be a bigger problem when I go back to work & can't take naps w/her to make up for lost sleep.  I'm hoping daycare will wear her out so much that she'll sleep better...
  • I think I've just gotten over it.  Since I've sort of told myself that he won't STTN anytime soon, I feel better prepared.  I might feel differently though if he were staying awake or waking me more than 2 or 3 times a night.
  • mr+msmr+ms member
    I try to work the wakings into my evening/night/sleep somehow. She usually wakes one hour after putting her to bed. This one waking we're trying to cut out. Sometimes she goes back to sleep on her own. The second is around midnight so that's when I plan my bedtime for. That way it doesn't disrupt my sleep. The third is probably around 3 am and I bring her into our bed where she stays until morning.
  • We've also just accepted it. There are nights when she STTN, but she usually wakes once during the night. I usually nurse her, but when DH brought her into our bed last night she just tossed around a bit & fell back to sleep.
  • I just accept it, and it really is getting better.  Also, I sleep in and DH gets up with the baby and does breakfast.  I count on those extra 20 minutes each morning to help me make up for some of the time I lost the night before.  It feels good to have those 20 minutes to myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"