Boston Babies

where to get baby furniture?

Hi- I'm looking for a crib, dresser, and glider. Dark wood. I have looked at Babies R Us and Simply Baby Furniture online but am looking for other recommendations on where to look. I have heard the Baby Furniture Warehouse isn't good. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Re: where to get baby furniture?

• I don't know where you heard Baby Furniture Warehouse isn't good, as I have only heard good things about it.  I bought my furniture there - good quality and honest salespeople.  We were going between 2 sets, and they talked us out of the more expensive one because it wasn't as good quality as the other one.  They are very nice there and are easy to work with.  Give it a shot - worst case scenario, you decide to leave the store.
  • I also liked my purchase experience at BFW, however, my $1,000 chair came defected and I've been waiting since April for it to be replaced. I'm demanding some money back...we'll see how that goes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also went to BFW and had an amazing experience.  They have furniture for all different price ranges and bedding sets as we.  They have a lot of different types of gliders and chairs too.  Their sales people are super friendly and personable!  They answered all of my questions honestly. Give them a try I definitely do not think that you will be disappointed! 

GL!

• I am preggo with our second baby and we reciently went on a search for new furniture.  My husband is a bit picky so here are the places we went everywhere.

Baby Furniture Warehouse - They had a lot but nothing I liked was in a color I liked.

Babies r Us -  Found furniture here the first time but nothing I really liked the second time.  Obviously depends on individual taste.  Good selection

Burlington Coat Factory (Baby Depot) - Forgot about this store.  Found furniture we liked. They had a lot on the floor to look at.  We went to the Nashua, NH store.  They had it in stock so we didn't have to wait 10-12 weeks.  We got the dresser 1/2 off to because we got a crib the same day. They also sell a good majority of all baby items at good prices.

• We went to Jordan's Furniture in Natick, and they had a few things there that we liked, but not in the color we wanted.  I looked up the brand online, which was Young America, and there were TONS of choices on the website.  It turns out they have a showroom in Newton, so we will go take a look later on this week.  I'll post again after and let you know how it goes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!
  • I would recommend Baby Furniture Warehouse in Braintree and Reading. I had my furniture delivered yesterday, and they made everything so easy. They put it all together, and arranged the room. My only caution would be that it truly does take 10 to 12 weeks for your furniture to come in! Nevertheless, the prices were great and the people were professional and helpful.
  • Thanks everyone! I took your advice and think I found something I really like at Baby Furniture Warehouse.

Any glider recommendations while we are at it...

• Baby Furniture Warehouse in Braintree was rated top 21 stores in the U.S. by Baby Bargains.  We purchased our crib, dresser and glider there.  The people were incredibly helpful and not pushy.

• If you are up for a drive to Seacoast, NH (45 mins from Boston) you should check out Baby Go Round in Hampton Falls, NH.  We are just over the border in NH (Exit 1 on 95).  We carry many of the same furniture lines as BFW (Baby's Dream, Bonavita, Cocoon, Dutailier Gliders, Best Chairs, etc) at the same and sometimes better prices...and you can save 6.5 % sales tax in Tax Free NH.  We provide top quality goods and unbeatable customer service.  Our latest review on yelp! states "definitely worth the drive from Boston"  We have a fabulous deal on the Peyton Collection from Bonavita going on now as well as deals on BOB Strollers and Britax Car Seats, give us a call for details. 

Best Wishes.

• We got ours at Jordan's Furniture;  there was no wait/they had everything in stock.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"