Texas Babies

RP from 12-24 month board

H and I will probably be separating soon, and I am sure a divorce will soon follow.  My question is this, I have been staying at home with DS and doing my master's degree full time but I still have a year and a half to go before I graduate.  So I am looking for jobs to get me by until then, and I know nothing about daycares, we are in the San Antonio area and I really want to get some advice. 

Would it be better to look for a daycare near home or near work?  I will probably have to drive at least an hour from home to work until I can afford to move out of my mom's house which may be awhile, I am thinking a year or so.  I would definitely prefer to get a night job so my mom can watch DS for personal reasons, but I haven't had much luck with that besides bars.  So I am trying to do my research now before I am in the position.  Also, anyone near the SA area that can give me daycares to check out or stay away from, etc.  I don't think SA has a local board but I will look and post there too if there is one.  DS is having serious separation anxiety right now and thinking of him having to do daycare is so sad for me, but I know he isn't the first or last so it is something I just may have to do.  Thanks for any advice, direction.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RP from 12-24 month board

• I don't have any recs but wanted to say I'm sorry you're dealing with this and I hope things get better for you.
  • Have you looked in the medical field as a secretary or something?  They may have night shifts.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry!  

One of the things you may want to think about is how your LO does in the car.  If he gets fussy, it may be a bad idea to do daycare near work since he will be in the car seat for awhile both ways.  Otherwise, I like the idea of close to work so you can pick him up quickly if the daycare calls you.

DD is in a daycare close to home, but that is because DH works from home - so he picks her up if they call. 

If you have an idea on what part of town you want to find a daycare, we might to give you some good recommendations.  Good luck with everything! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"