Boston Babies

Anyone deliver at Newton Wellesley Hospital?

I'll be delivering there soon, and was just wondering about other people's experiences.  My OB is Dr. Simmons at Wellesley Womens Care in NWH; I love her and I love all the other OB/GYNs at WWC, but I'm curious about the nurses in L/D and just the overall delivery experience at NWH.

Also, anyone have a pediatrician at Newton Wellesley Pediatrics?  We chose Dr. Kramer, I met her once and I really liked her; I got a good overall vibe from the whole practice, but if anyone has any specific likes or dislikes or experiences with them, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Anyone deliver at Newton Wellesley Hospital?

• Dr. DeVries delivered my first baby. Dr. Simmons delivered my second baby.  She was great (as they all are there).  NWH is my hospital of choice.  Both times L & D nurses were top notch. I don't have a single complaint.  I found the post partum nurses to be just so, so.  The labor is what counts. I'll be doing it again there in the fall.  This is really a great hospital.
  • Thank you so much for your feedback, it puts me at ease! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Ms. Jackie!!!!  :)  I have a really good friend of mine that works at NWH as a L/D nurse.  Her name is Jess.....I hope you get her!!!  :)

• imageLil Mita:

Hi Ms. Jackie!!!!  :)  I have a really good friend of mine that works at NWH as a L/D nurse.  Her name is Jess.....I hope you get her!!!  :)

Hey there!!  Good- I hope I get her too!!  I'm going to remember that, Jess- and I'm definitely gonna drop your name LOL!!

• This is not my personal experience (I am going to MGH), but my friend just recently gave birth at NWH.  She LOVED them.  She had nothing but good things to say about her whole experience with the staff, accomodations etc.
  • I loved all of the nurses and staff there- I cried when I left after being there for 5 days!:)  (CS)
  • Great, thank you so much ladies!  Now if this baby would just decide to come out already LOL...
  • I delivered DS at NWH back in January. The nurses were WONDERFUL, especially Barbara, i think she got me through some difficult things. I got Dr. Simmons, and to tell you the truth I wasn't crazy about her. I wanted to go as natural as possible, but I felt that she kept pushing for induction, then couldn't stop talking about a c-section because I had a 'big baby'... at the end of the day, DS was born vaginally and he's perfect - so I don't have a beef with her. Just wanted to give you the heads up that if you want a natural birth, be ready to push back at her suggestions. GL!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageazaretsky:
    I delivered DS at NWH back in January. The nurses were WONDERFUL, especially Barbara, i think she got me through some difficult things. I got Dr. Simmons, and to tell you the truth I wasn't crazy about her. I wanted to go as natural as possible, but I felt that she kept pushing for induction, then couldn't stop talking about a c-section because I had a 'big baby'... at the end of the day, DS was born vaginally and he's perfect - so I don't have a beef with her. Just wanted to give you the heads up that if you want a natural birth, be ready to push back at her suggestions. GL!!

Thanks, and I actually see what you mean lately... I'm 39 weeks 3 days today, not overdue yet, but I am measuring a tad on the big side and not really showing any signs of going into labor soon.  So she told me if I don't have him by next week, she wants to induce.  I REALLY don't want to be induced, nor do I want a C-section, even if the baby is big... so I'm just PRAYING I go within the next week!  But thanks for the heads up!

• I delivered my first son there and LOVED it! He was delivered by Dr. Metcalf. She is wonderful. I had a c-section. I was treated like I had just given birth to King Tut. They were wonderful! I will be back there in September. I drive over an hour to get there and feel it is sooo worth the trip! My pediatrician recommended I use a Dr. Fox while I am there. I had a wonderful nurse by the name of Monica too! Hope she is still there. I am going to be asking for her again!

• I delivered my first there via a midwife and went totally natural.  The nurses for the most part were wonderfully supportive, although there was one who was trying to push an epidural.  Once she realized that I was serious about going natural she seemed to step aside and let one of the nurses who was more skilled in handling a natural birth take over.  The second nurse was terrific. I called her my natural childbirth "cheerleader".  My son had to spend time, about a week, up in the special care nursery due to meconium aspiration and a few other complications. They were wonderful!  #2 is due in a week and I am once again going to NWH.  

We also use Newton-Wellesley Pediatrics and have been extremely happy.  Both kids pedi will be Dr. Cohen.  He is terrific!  My son has a multitude of allergies and has been seen exclusively by Dr. Cohen and not a rotating doctor/nurse team which is how they do regular scheduled appointments.  Good Luck!

• I went to NWH for my OB/GYN care, and delivered at NWH in April and LOVED everything, from beginning through end, week 8 to week 38.  My OB is Dr. Metcalf and she was the perfect match for me.  She made me feel really comfortable throughout my pregnancy and was hands-off in a good way.  For example, when I asked her how big the baby was at week 36 or so, she gave me a ballpark estimate, but told me not to think about it, since estimates even via ultrasound can be so off, and as long as baby and I were healthy, nothing else really mattered.  Also, she never gave me any lectures about foods to avoid, how much weight to gain, counting kicks, etc.

I loved my care at NWH so much that we chose it for my son's pediatric care, even though I live 5-10 minutes away from Childrens', BWH, Beth Israel, and Mass general.  We chose Dr. Kramer and so far are extremely happy with her, and the practice too.  Everyone is really nice and treats us well.  I would if you can, request the nurse Susan Mazer.  She is AMAZING.  I highly recommend Dr. Kramer and her practice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"