Baby Names
Options

Boy Name: Pierson?

Like/Dislike? I just came across it today, doesn't seem to be very popular. Is there a different way to spell it? We're pretty settled on a different name, but figured it doesn't hurt to look. :) Boy names are HARD!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Boy Name: Pierson?

• Options
    Pearson maybe? I like it, I have never met anyone named this.
  • Options
    LVilaLVila member
    It's NMS. It sounds a lot like the word "person."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like it okay. I prefer just "Pierce" for a name, though. The -son names have become too trendy in my opinion (Jackson, Madison, etc.).
  • Options
    I've never heard of anyone with that as a first name, but it is a common last name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Boy names are super hard.  Pierson is really cute and kinda in that trend of last names as first names.  I'd consider it if I was having a boy....
  • Options

I've only ever heard of it as a last name.

Using last names for first or middle names seems almost like it might be coming back in style again.

We've thought about using my maiden name for a middle name for our LO.  It bugged me growing up but now I like it and miss it and it would be nice to honor my family that way.

• Options
    I agree that is kind of sounds like "person".  Also have a bad connatation with the name Pearce, so its really nms.  I do love "son" ending names.  DS is Jamison and I love most other "son" ending names.
  • Options
    Pierson and Pearson are last names. I don't like them for first names at all.?
  • Options
    I've posted about Pierson before... I love it!!
  • Options
    erinmserinms member
    I like it.
  • Options
    We're naming our son Pierson Carter.  My husband picked it out.  He originally wanted to name him Piers, but I thought Pierson was a better first name and he can call him Piers for short.  We're 35 weeks.  Can't wait to meet him :)
  • Options
    Do you already have a Pierson? Your ticker says you do...

ETA:It totally looks like you do have a three year old son with this name...why would you post this question as if you don't? 

This! ^ 
    plus, I prefer just Pierce. Pierson sounds weird to me
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

Do you already have a Pierson? Your ticker says you do...

I actually kind of like it, despite not normally liking a ton of surnamey names. I think Piers is a cute NN.

ETA:It totally looks like you do have a three year old son with this name...why would you post this question as if you don't? 
    Look at the date of the OP. July 2009. It was just commented on today by someone else interested in the name.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS is Pierce. I prefer it to Pierson.
  • Options
    I prefer Pierce

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

OHHHHH Gotcha! Dude, I was so confused. Why are super old posts being brought up? 

A search function that actually works? ;)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Good friends of ours have a 9 year old son named Pierson. I like it.. But it was a pretty popular name in the area of CA that we lived in.
  • Options

I prefer Pierce

You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Options
    Like it but prefer Pierce
    DS#1 Jack was born 3/29/12
    BFP #2 8/10/13, EDD 4/19/14 Team Green! 

• Options
    I like Piers better.

*Ticker/Siggy Warning*

Me: 37 DH: 38 TTC since 2011 DH normal Dx: DOR (AFC ranges from 6-11; AMH 0.16; FSH 11.9; E2 45) 11/13: 1st IVF converted to IUI due to poor response to high dose antagonist protocol (only 3 follies) = BFN 12/13: IUI #2 letrozole + Bravelle = BFP, beta #1 156, beta #2 196 (diff. lab), beta #3 1037; 1st ultrasound @ 5 wks 1 day = 6 mm gest sac; 2nd ultrasound 6 wks 1 day = tiny flickering heartbeat; 3rd ultrasound 7 wks 1 day 10.3 mm embie growing away! 

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Love it, prefer Pierce           
  • Options
    Our 18 month old grandson's name is Pierson!  It goes nicely with his older brother's name Jaxon.  But sometimes we just call him Piers and his brother Jax.
  • Options
    Dislike.
    IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
  • Options
    I'm sick of all the -son names: Grayson, Mason, Dawson, Bryson, blah blah blah.

I love Pierce though!

• Options
    momof07momof07 member
    edited January 2015
    I love it!  My two year old grandson's name is Pierson.  His 4 year old brother is Jaxon.  We call them Piers and Jax for short.  Two adorable little boys.
  • Options
    hahahahahahahahhahahahah

bizzare.
  • Options
    ColeRose said:
    momof07 said:
    I love it!  My two year old grandson's name is Pierson.  His 4 year old brother is Jaxon.  We call them Piers and Jax for short.  Two adorable little boys.
    Holy shit
    Both of those names make me cringe. Especially Jaxon! BLECH!!!! 
    And why dig up a thread from six years ago just to make that comment? LAME.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think pierce is okay. Pierson sounds like person.
  • Options
    I prefer just Pierce to Pearson
  • Options
    brita722 said:
    ColeRose said:
    momof07 said:
    Holy shit
    Both of those names make me cringe. Especially Jaxon! BLECH!!!! 
    And why dig up a thread from six years ago just to make that comment? LAME.
    Wow, I just happened to google my grandson's name and found it on this website.  I never realized how mean people could be on here.  Kinda sad!  Hope your day gets better.
  • Options
    Love it, but I am kinda partial to the name my 3 year old son is named Pierson John. He was named after his great-grandfather; his middle name was Pierson, too.
  • Options
    This post is from 2009