Birth Stories

Bradley Method or Lamaze??

I would really to have a natural child birth. My goal is to avoid medication! However I do not have a high tolerance to pain. I know giving birth is one of the most painful things a women will go through.....So I would like some suggestions...Which method do you think might work best for me?

Re: Bradley Method or Lamaze??

• Bradley worked for me!  Read my story below.  I didn't take a class either, i just did a lot of reading!  Good luck. 
  • Well, I can recommend Bradley.  I took the class and learned a ton.  practicing relaxation techniques at home really helped, I think.

After going through labor, I would say there is not so much "pain" as extremely intense physical sensations.  so whether or not you have a high pain tolerance is a little beside the point.  more important is getting to a place where YOU can just get out of the way and let your body do its job. 

that is kind of a tough thing to do, because the physical happenings are so intense and distracting.  but I found that when I did not relax through a contraction it "hurt," but if I could relax even just one body part (say, my arms) it was less intense, shorter, and bearable.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I highly recommend Bradley, if only for the immense amount of information you are provided with to help truly understand 1) that you were made to do this, 2) what your options are and 3) nothing can be planned perfectly, but there is great comfort in having support and information to get you through.

I've done 12 weeks of Bradley and have a breech baby. My only option if she does not turn (I'm 38 weeks tomorrow) is a C-Section. Even though this is was not in my "plan", my Bradley instruction has been so hlepful in giving me strenght and helping me create a birth plan that my MD and I can work from.

• Bradley, Bradley, Bradley!!
  • "After going through labor, I would say there is not so much "pain" as extremely intense physical sensations.  so whether or not you have a high pain tolerance is a little beside the point.  more important is getting to a place where YOU can just get out of the way and let your body do its job. 

that is kind of a tough thing to do, because the physical happenings are so intense and distracting.  but I found that when I did not relax through a contraction it "hurt," but if I could relax even just one body part (say, my arms) it was less intense, shorter, and bearable."

very well said!

this is my first and i'm 15 weeks. I've been reading the bradley book. And it is great. if you say you will be in pain, you will be in pain. Birthing is about relaxation and your mental state. I recommend bradley also because it fully incorporates your husband. you're a team.  

• Bradley!!!  Lamaze has you focus on breathing, where as Bradley teaches you to give in, work with and deal with the pain.  My classes were invaluable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"