D.C. Area Babies
Options

Fair Oaks vs Loudoun Hospital

Hello!  I was told on the DC board a while ago to come say hi and join you ladies :)  I also have a question though.  My doctor delivers at Fair Oaks and Loudoun, just looking for recommendations/thoughts on either.  My step mom, who used to be a nurse, told me she'd go with Fair Oaks, but hasn't worked at Loudoun for years, so she's not sure if its changed for the better. 

TIA!

Re: Fair Oaks vs Loudoun Hospital

• Options
    I am delivering at fair oaks but loudoun has made a change for the better in the past years.  My best friend delivered at loudoun and havd a great experience.....I would think either is fine.....but others who have actually delivered may have better insight:-)
  • Options
    I delivered DD at Loudoun and had a great experience.  The birthing rooms were large.  The postpartum rooms were nice too.  The nurses there were wonderful, very supportive, and encouraging.  After being in labor for 15hrs. and being exhausted, I needed all the encouragement I could get and the labor nurses were awesome.  Oh, and the food there wasn't too bad.  I devoured my 1st meal after delivering DD. :o)  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't been to Fair Oaks, but have heard good things about it. I had a great experience at Loudoun. Why don't you tour both places and see which one you prefer? Or just go with whichever one is closest to you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I heard good things about Loudoun but delivered at Fair Oaks (only b/c my doc only delivers at Fair Oaks). I liked Fair Oaks a lot.
    imageimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I delivered at Fair Oaks and my experience was just fine.  All rooms are private, you can get room service most of the day, and there's free valet parking. 

The NICU area was WONDERFUL.  DS was there for nearly 4 weeks and (most of) the nurses/doctors/staff were just great.  The entire NICU area is also private rooms, so we didn't have to sit in a giant fishbowl room with other, sicker babies (which I imagine would be even tougher if you BF).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I delivered at Fair Oaks and had a wonderful experience. The rooms are a bit small, but all private which is nice. The staff there is what made it the best experience. The L&D nurses are amazing and I loved my postpartum nurses. All the staff I encountered were professional, had a great attitude and you could tell loved their jobs. I don't have any experience w/ Loudon, but I would highly reco Fair Oaks! You should take a tour of both hospitals
  • Options

imageBaby4OT:
    I haven't been to Fair Oaks, but have heard good things about it. I had a great experience at Loudoun. Why don't you tour both places and see which one you prefer? Or just go with whichever one is closest to you?

We'll definitely tour both, but just wanted some first hand info too :)  Thanks everyone!

• Options
    I have delivered at Fairfax and Loudoun and Loudoun was a amazing. I felt so at home and taken care of. I can't say enough about the care I received there. I wouldn't go anywere else now!
  • Options

LOVED Fair Oaks (and so have my friends that recently delivered there).  Everything is nice and clean (opposite of my experiences at Fairfax, at least) and the nurses were AMAZING.  Seriously.  They were so wonderful.  The rooms are all private and the food is pretty decent!

100% recommend Fair Oaks - can't wait to deliver another LO there :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"