anyone use fish oil to help with delays? (especially speech delays) — The Bump
Special Needs

anyone use fish oil to help with delays? (especially speech delays)

I am going to start giving S omega-3 fish oil since some studies show that it helps kids with speech delays.

anyone else do this? ?

Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :) image

Re: anyone use fish oil to help with delays? (especially speech delays)

• no, but i just buy milk and yogurt that has DHA in it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have heard this with speech and had given it to my son.  I did see a difference but he also started with therapy around the same time so I am not eally sure.  It's good for them anyway.

My son was just a late talker, no other issues so maybe that is why I "think" I seen a difference, not sure.
  • responded to the other post, but we definately see a difference with the fish oil. DS LOVES the flavor!

here's a link to what we use:

http://www.vitacost.com/Coromega-Omega-3-Fish-Oil-Supplement?csrc=BRDC-689269001067

• My son has Autism and we us Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil.  It has helped him with eye contact.  He also gets M B-12 injections every 3 days (its b 12 vitamins) and that along with large doses of probiotics has been HUGE for his speech both receptive and expressive.  He was completely nonverbal 6 months ago and now has over 50 words and can follow a simple direction
  • I just bought the book, late talker, what to do when you child talks late.

It has a chapter on omega-3.  I have started DS on this, last week.  Wednesday I think. 

I went away for the weekend and when I came back yesterday he had new sounds.  he would repeat almost every sound I made.  I was super happy.

Also, some friends saw him who had not seen him a while.  they said that they saw a HUGE difference in him behavior wise after just a few days on it.

I am using the coromega orange stuff. 

• triplea181 where did you buy it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards