Infertility
Options

Questions RE Wtf apt????

I have no idea what to ask during the WTF apt?  I scheduled it for 2moro - only one day after getting the BFN after IVF #1.  I guess we will ask for suggestions of what to do differently next cycle and why this cycle wasnt cancelled with only 3 mature mature follicles at trigger. 

Any other suggestions or questions I should ask???

SAIFFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Questions RE Wtf apt????

• Options

I am so very sorry.

In the dr's defense,some believe 3 is fine for retrieval. I had a cycle converted to IUI for this reason (3 follies) b/c my dr did not believe is going forward and it was devastating to me. What I have learned at susequent appts with diff drs including my new dr is that a new protocol is usually required to get better response. So in short I would ask: what new protcol would he try, what was the embie quality (if they did not tell you before), and any ideas he has to improve the next cycle.

We are all here for you:) & good luck today.

• Options

I'm sorry it didn't work for you this time. Sad

I just went through this yesterday. I'm a little different because I had an m/c but  I asked if the Dr. thought it was worth another shot. (I am 38 and I have been told I have egg quality issues.) I asked if we should have additional testing (autoimmune bloodwork,etc.) I also asked if PGD was something we should consider.

What protocol were you on? I had 1 chemical and a BFN from using long lupron-my embie quality was horrible! I switched clinics and they did the antagonist protocol. My embie quality improved dramatically- they were grade A. Mybe you could ask about that protocol too.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"