Breastfeeding
Options

Letdown?

I am brand new to breastfeeding, and it seems to be going well (perhaps too well, as I always have more milk than LO has appetite).  He is eating enough and gaining weight.  I just want to know what letdown feels like.  I don't think I'm feeling anything in that respect, just relying on LO to draw out the milk.  The non-feeding breast never leaks during feedings, and I have never leaked between feedings either.  Anyone else the same way?
I HAVE CHILDREN.

Re: Letdown?

• Options

I was never much of a "leaker" either. I only leaked first thing in the am when DD began sleeping through the night and once when I missed a feeding and gave her a bottle at a restaurant.

Some women never feel letdown, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. It took me into the second month to figure out what it was. It's a gentle tingling kind of around the nipples. At least that's how I feel it. It's not a big thing like I thought it would be, you may or may not eventually figure out what it feels like. GL!

• Options
    I didn't start feeling my let down until a couple weeks into BFing. Now I feel it every time, both in the breast I'm feeding from and the other as well. It's kind of a radiating sensation from my arm pit to my nipple...not painful, but noticeable nonetheless.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    adri77adri77 member
    I have NEVER leaked- between feedings or the opposite breast while feeding.  And I almost always feel my letdown- in both breasts while he's nursing.  For me, it feels like pins and needles around my nipples/areola. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"