Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

If you didn't put baby's name above crib....

what did you do?  I ordered this really cute painting  that has the alphabet on it and in the middle is painted "my name is Giulia", I also have a picture we took of a street sign in Rome, the street is Via Giulia and I was going to put up that pic in her room somewhere, it will be small.  

I don't want her name all over the room.  The crib is on the longest wall and I was wondering what I could put above the crib, any ideas?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you didn't put baby's name above crib....

• Options
    I'm putting wall decals on the crib wall.  IMO, hanging things over the crib is asking for it to fall into the crib.  Now, I don't think I have ever had a picture just fall off the wall before but when it comes to my LO, I'm taking no risks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am also doing a wall decal of a tree and the leaves will float over her bed (if it is a her). If it is a boy, I will do some other type of decal but I haven't set a theme for a boys room yet.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also ordered wall decals from etsy.com.  We chose the "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" DH and I both have a soft spot for the book.
  • Options
    mrsmelmrsmel member
    we put a vinyl wall decal -- i'm a crazy mother already and didn't want anything that could fall off the wall above the crib. plus the decal is cute.
  • Options

i used to have a quilt hanging behind the crib...i just took it down and am debating what i do next.  I love this idea and am thinking about making something similar:

• Options

We have these two pictures of a little girl & boy praying:

I've attached ivory grosgrain ribbon to each one to hang them with and they will be hung just like that, side by side.  They're fairly large (12x14 or something) and underneath them we are going to put a quote decal that reads "... I pray the Lord my soul to keep..."

I can't wait.  I think it's going to look really cute.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options

I'm not big on the name/names everywhere either & I was planning to hang framed things too until ppl started talking about them falling off the wall (which I really don't think is much of a risk if you don't live in an earthquake prone area, but whatever). I'm still up in the air, I would like to put some artwork or something colorful for the babies to be able to look at but not sure exactly what & how to frame/mount for it to be 'safe'. I know they make some sort of pillow/quilty like things you can hang but that doesnt really fit my style, nor does the hanging quilt.?

I got a set of alphabet wall cards & was going to find a way to hang 6 or 8 of them on the wall but then changed my mind & decided to display the whole alphabet on a shelf we have that goes around 2 of the walls up high near the ceiling. ?

GL!
  • Options

imageCara2:
    I also ordered wall decals from etsy.com.  We chose the "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" DH and I both have a soft spot for the book.

i just got this book for my shower.....cried for 2 hours....love this quote

• Options
    imageAutumnBride929:

I've attached ivory grosgrain ribbon to each one to hang them with and they will be hung just like that, side by side.  They're fairly large (12x14 or something) and underneath them we are going to put a quote decal that reads "... I pray the Lord my soul to keep..."

These were in my nursery - more years ago than I care to admit!!  Very vintage.

• Options

imageCara2:

That is the cutest idea!  I also love this book...I might have to steal this one. Embarrassed

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a wall decal of a rocket flying over his crib. It's very cute!
  • Options
    I put a huge tree decal behind the crib...I felt odd about hanging something over the crib.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageAutumnBride929:

oh the memories.. these were in my room when I was a baby a very long time ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"