North Carolina Babies
Options

RP: What do you love/like abt living in NC?

We are considering moving to NC in the near future and I'd like some opinions/info.  What kinds of activities are there?  What are some of the must see's/must do's?  How is the housing and job market?  We are looking at the Raleigh area, but I understand that really encompasses quite a few cities/towns.  Thanks for any info you have!

Re: RP: What do you love/like abt living in NC?

• Options
    We live in Wake Forest (north of Raliegh) and moved here from Manhattan about a year and a half ago.  So far, I really like the area -- people are very friendly, plently of great restaurants, places to see.  I like that we live near Falls Lake.  We've been to some great musuems.  Plus, the Outer Banks in one direction and mountains in another are not that far to visit.  I do miss the husttle and bustle of NYC but we're happy with our choice to move here -- mostly because it was so much easier to afford a house than in NYC.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love NC and have lived here all of my life (and don't plan to leave!) I love how it has the best of everything--beaches, mountains, etc. I love the triangle area and live in Cary. I will say that the job market is lousy right now--I'd say that's probably statewide. Raleigh is very cool, and downtown is undergoing a lot of rejuvenation, and is a lot more "hip" these days. Cary and the other surrounding Raleigh suburbs are all great places to raise a family.

I might be a little biased, but there isn't much I don't love about living here! Ok, except for the sweltering heat in August. But after 31 years, I'm pretty much used to it. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto everything Hughes said.  We also have great colleges/universities, and our public universities are all very affordable compared to universities in other parts of the country.  I think NC is a beautiful state with a lot to offer.  You can find pretty much anything you want here.  I love living here & was also born & raised here, so I am biased... but you don't see those of us who were born here hurrying to leave, so I think that says a lot.
  • Options
    I have lived in six different states and I don't think I will ever leave NC. I really think my favorite things about the state is how close we are to so many wonderful beaches. And we are also close to the mountains as well. The housing is very affordable (whenever I watch HGTV it reminds me of that), the colleges are great and people are friendly. I am lived in Raleigh for 13 years before moving to a smaller town about an hour outside of Raleigh. I really miss the "bigger" city and hope to move back in a the next couple of years. Best of luck with your decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"