Baby Names

So, I keep asking about the same names...

lol. Or pretty much the same names, but just humor me.

I am really liking the name Mila (Me-la) for a girl, but am now considering Emilia and using Mila as a nn. Not sure of a mn yet.

And for a boy, we are planning to call him Fox, but want a more conventional first name in case he would prefer it as an adult. I am leaning towards using my husband's first name with it...Kenneth Fox Lastname.

My two boys are Miles and Jonas if that matters to you.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: So, I keep asking about the same names...

• Mila is okay but no one will pronounce it or spell it correctly.  Amelia is very pretty and I prefer that spelling over Emilia.

Fox...well, that's just awful.  Sorry but there is no other way to say it. 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageAggieDee:

Mila is okay but no one will pronounce it or spell it correctly.  Amelia is very pretty and I prefer that spelling over Emilia.

There have been plenty of other people that don't think so...and that's why we are giving him a traditional first name. I really don't care if other people like it...I'm more concerned about how it flows with Kenneth. 

But thanks.

• Loading the player...
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member

i like mila better than emilia/amelia - so i would just go with mila.

i think kenneth fox flows well.

• I don't think anyone would know how to pronounce Mila. Emiliia would probably be a better choice. Though either are nms.

Fox is a horrible horrible name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Miles and Mila?  I like sibling names that kinda go together and these don't seem to fit.  Fox?  Eek.  I think it's smart to give him a normal, non-embarrassing first name with it but why you're husband's name.  It seems like you're asking for trouble with hollering the wrong name- Miles and Mila- and getting two Kenneths to respond when they are older.  Sorry, these names are NMS.
  • I like Mila over Emila! Mila is very pretty and different enough but not so much that people will think you made it up or anything!

I like Kenneth Fox too! Definitely flows and gives him the option of going by Ken or Kenneth when he gets older! I think Fox is fun name...hopefully he thinks so too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTimingisEverything:

I don't think anyone would know how to pronounce Mila. Emiliia would probably be a better choice. Though either are nms.

Fox is a horrible horrible name.

Yes

• I like Mila, and Emilia is very shakespearean...love it.  Also like Kenneth Fox w/ nn Fox.  (And I usually only like very traditional names!)

Go for it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the name Emilia and/or Amelia. It was on my list for DD#2 but DH said no no no :( But, I don't think that many people would have such a hard time pronouncing Mila.. it is a celebrity name, and I've met a couple toddlers named Mila around here. I do like it more as a nn though.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I really like Emilia with the nn Mila. I think it's a good solution for preventing any pronunciation issues.

I love Fox, and I like that you can incorporate DH.

Good choices!

• I think Mila is really cute and does not present a problem with Miles because the i's make totally different sounds.  And I like the spelling Amelia better than Emelia if you want Mila to be a nn, not a formal name.  I would personally just use it as the formal name....

I think Fox is a great name!  The only thing I don't like is Kenneth--it does flow with Fox, but if he does want to go by his first name it doesn't seem like your style.  I love Miles and Jonas so much---something more along these lines with Fox would be perfect!

• I like Emilia and the nn Mila... great choice.

Emilia Faith
    Emilia Paige
    Emilia Reese

What about Elijah for a boy?  It sounds good with Miles and Jonas.

Where did you get Fox from?  Is that a name that has meaning, like your maiden name or something?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageSoleilMoon:

I like Emilia and the nn Mila... great choice.

Emilia Faith
    Emilia Paige
    Emilia Reese

What about Elijah for a boy?  It sounds good with Miles and Jonas.

Where did you get Fox from?  Is that a name that has meaning, like your maiden name or something?

Ooh..I like Elijah. 

And, no, no special meaning behind Fox. We just like it. We're big nerdy X-Files fans...lol.

• i like all your choices but kenneth. as pp said, it just doesn't seem to fit with your other boys (and i don't usually notice that stuff).

what about kennett? it's the scandanavian version, and just a bit funkier.

so, IMHO: emilia is a beautiful name (and not the same name as amelia). mila works. i loooove fox.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • erinmserinms member

I love the name Emilia. ?I also like Elijah as pp suggested. ??

• Mila will be mispronounced, but if you don't care, go for it. It is very close to Miles though... ?

Fox is an animal. It's a horrible "name". Thank God you are using Kenneth! Kenneth Fox sounds fine together. Since you are set on Fox, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. I definitely think it's wise to give him a traditional first name.

• imagecmeon_the_water:

I think Emilia is beautiful. I don't have a problem at all with Mila and Miles, though- and it's such a simple name to pronounce. People who don't know how to pronounce it at first, should learn quickly. :)

I'm not a fan of Fox as a first name, but, it's fine as a middle name with a more tradional first name. Kenneth is okay- but, I agree that it doesn't seem to fit his siblings' names, if that matters at all. 

This...

• Mila is one of my favorite names, its on our list, too. I don't get it as a nn for Emilia though - the milia part of Emilia does not sound the same as Mila, because of the i before the a. I like Emilia but I think you should choose one or the other.

I agree that Miles (also our favorite boy name - we have similar tastes!) probably sounds too much like Mila and could be really confusing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good ideas! I think Mila looks too much like Miles when it is written. Giving her the name Emilia solves that and Mila is an adorable nn. I like the name Fox and really like Elijah as a fn.
  • imageAggieDee:

Mila is okay but no one will pronounce it or spell it correctly.  Amelia is very pretty and I prefer that spelling over Emilia.

ITA with this comment about no one pronouncing or spelling Mila correctly. I like the Emilia spelling though.

I don't like Fox as a first name but I don't mind it as a middle... I think Kenneth Fox is fine.

• When I hear Mila, I think of Mila Jovovich or Mila Kunis.  They're both beautiful.  :)
    "Cool as Hell like e-mail, but still timeless like a letter."
  • Hmm.......can you do Emeline (not sure or spelling) and swing a Mila out of that? Ameila is clearer than Emilia.

Kenneth Fox? That one makes me forget my words. Sorry but nms.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"