Texas Babies
Options

Play group!!!!

Okay ladies, I think we need to start a play group that meets maybe every other week or once a month. I was thinking we could all take turns hosting... you don't have to host at your house though. You could host at a park, your community pool, or even something like the zoo! And we could do potluck lunch for the adults. WDYT?

I'm not sure how many working moms would be interested- so speak up! Monday, Wed, or Fri works for me. I was thinking like 11:00am-1:00ish.

If there are some f/t working moms interested we could maybe meet once a month on the weekends and then once a month during the week. I prefer the week just bc parks, pools etc are less crowded, but I also want everyone to be included that would like to be!

The hostess would be in charge of setting the location, date, time etc and sending the evite. They would also be in charge of the food details- like coordinating who is going to bring what so we don't have 5 pasta salads or desserts...  

Thoughts? I would be happy to host the first one and we could use my neighborhood pool. There is also a small playground right outside the pool if there are slightly older kids (not good for babies.) 

Sooo... post here with your thoughts & concerns... and hopefully we can set something up for this coming week or next!

:) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Play group!!!!

• Options
    Hey - did you get my email about bunco?
    | My Blog l image
  • Options

I'm so on board with this!!  Since I'm not working, I prefer the week days - but I can be flexible! Although my weekends this summer are pretty packed already. Mondays or Wednesdays work best for me.  I love going to the pool, but some people may not want to go for very long due to the hot weather. We could always go to the pool for the first hour and then back to your place for lunch.

I think we should start once/month until we get into a routine and a bigger group. The pot-luck is a great idea too!  When Erin and I have met at her pool, we did sandwiches, fruit, and crackers/chips.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepkate98:

I love going to the pool, but some people may not want to go for very long due to the hot weather. We could always go to the pool for the first hour and then back to your place for lunch.

My pool has a big covered area with tables... and the baby pool is almost totally shaded w/ oak trees.  However, I agree that the pool might be difficult with the little little ones.... my house isn't an option right now with our "projects."

• Options
    I would be down for the full time working mommy friendly weekend sessions.
  • Options
    I can do summer days anytime now..once school starts, I'm down for the weekend thing!  Sounds FUN!
  • Options

I am very on board with this idea.  We have only been here and year and due to work we haven't been able to socialize at all.  My baby boy Rylan is 7 weeks and I am ready to start meeting up with other mommies.  I would love to meet during the week anytime.  Please keep me up to date on all of the plans.

• Options

I'm in. Friday's are probably out because once Sept rolls around that is my MOPS day. Monday or Wed works though and 11-1 is perfect because I'm trying to get A on a 1 or 130 nap time. 

If you want to host at your pool this month, I can host at mine next time. I like the pool idea because the house doesn't have to be cleaned :) We also have a playground that would be good for older kids (as long as it's not 102 outside!)

• Options

I would like to be a part of this!  I work ft so a weekend would be fun.  Please keep me posted.

Lauren - just wondering if you received my email about the GTG?

Thanks!
    ~V

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"