Boston Babies
Options

Any OB recommendations in south shore area??

My current ob/gyn is in Brookline and with Beth Israel...which was great when I lived in Boston.  Now, we live down in Taunton and I just went for my 1st appt. and really not enthused about making the trek up there and fighting traffic for the next 32 weeks.  Especially where I will be going up every 4 weeks for U/S and regular appts., which won't always coordinate on the same day  Huh?. I was thinking of south shore hospital for delivery...I've heard both good and bad things, although I think I've heard both good and bad for every hospital in the area.  I appreciate any feedback you might have!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Any OB recommendations in south shore area??

• Options
    Dr. DiGiovanni in Attleboro is a great Doctor! -I moved the Delivery at Newton Wellesley to Sturdy Memorial and don't regret it! Large Rooms, Super-nice nursing Staff and a great Breakfast Buffet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is my first child so I have no experience delivering at any local hospitals. I have looked at most hospitals on the south shore, except South Shore, traffic would be a nightmare from where I live in Bridgewater. So I looked at Jordan in Plymouth, Morton in Taunton, Brockton Hospital, Good Samaritan in Brockton. I felt terribly uncomfortable in Morton and Brockton old maternity units, old equiptment and high c sextion rates. Jordan was nice but far for me. So I am delivering at Good Samaritan in Brockton. Excellent facilities and there are lots of competent OBs that deliver there. I picked Dr. Aslami in Brockton. Nice younger woman, both she and her staff are extra sensitive and helpful. Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    South Shore Women's Health (or Group) has about 6 or 7 female OB/GYN's in their practice along with several nurse midwives. It is a great practice and was highly recommended to me. They have offices in Weymouth, Duxbury, Scituate, and Whitman. They deliver at South Shore Hospital.?
    Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10
  • Options

Crown OB/GYN has offices in Quincy, Brockton, and Pembroke. It is a great group of doctors and nurse practitioners, and they only deliver at South Shore Hospital.

I have used Crown as my doctors, pre-pregnancy, and absolutely love them. I was nervous at first when I found out that they only deliver at SSH because I too have heard mixed reviews about that hospital. After talking to my mother who works as a healthcare professional, I felt at ease knowing that most of the "bad" reviews from SSH had to do with the ER a few years back, and the reprecussion was that the hospital really had to step it up and make things better in order to stay open. Their maternity ward is amazing, and I have talked to a lot of people who delivered there that said they wouldn't have a baby anywhere else. Everyone I have come in contact with there has been really nice and helpful.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Pratt OB/GYN in quincy who is affilated with Tufts.  They have several doctors in that office who are amazing.

Dr. Sullivan and Dr Daman.   They are in Braintree.  at Wood Road.    They were affilated with Pratt but since have opened their own practice.  Both of them actually were the main doctors for my pregnancy and they were wonderful!!  They are affilated wtih South Shore Hospital.

• Options
    Crown OB/GYN has offices in Brockton and Quincy.  I love all the Dr's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"