D.C. Area Babies
Options

Review: BFB&B

That's Baby-Friendly Bed & Breakfast :-)

DH and I took Warner with us on a little weekend get away/family get together in the mountains. We stayed at Laurel Point Retreat in Monterey, VA.https://www.laurelpointretreat.com/site/Welcome.html

It's an adorable mountain log cabin. It wasn't fancy, but it was simple, rustic and very comfortable.

The first thing we loved about this place was, of course, that they were completely fine with babies, which isn't always the case at b&bs (understandably). We didn't end up needing it, but they even had a pack 'n play that they said we could use.

Second, it's just a beautiful place. It's on the top of Jack Mountain near the VA/WV border (on the way to Snowshoe, WV about 4 hours from DC) and the views are breathtaking. The property is very well maintained with pretty flowers, stone walls, a little walking trail and a cow pond--very picturesque--the pictures on the web site don't lie.

Third, everything was immaculately clean. There wasn't even a speck of dust on any of the gorgeous hard wood floors, the sheets and towels were fresh and crisp and the bathroom was gleemingly clean. (and the towels were thicker and nicer than most hotels I've stayed at!)

Fourth, the price was right. We stayed in the Mountain View room that had a gorgeous view, queen size bed and a private bath--it was $100 including tax. We didn't have breakfast there because we were having breakfast with family elsewhere, but breakfast was included in the rate and they would make just about anything you wanted.

And lastly, the people who own the place were extremely nice and accomodating. Even their dog was the sweetest, most well behaved dog I've ever met!

Anyway, I just wanted to share because I know people are often asking for recommendations of places to go within driving distance of DC. If you are interested in going out there and want recommendations of stuff to do in that area, let me know...my family has been vacationing in that area since before I was born :-)

Re: Review: BFB&B

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"