North Carolina Babies
Options

How long does implantation take?

Not the time from the fertilized egg moving into the uterus, but once it's in the uterus, how long does it take to burrow in? Is it instantaneous, or does it take hours or days? I've Googled, but can't find much.

Just curious!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long does implantation take?

• Options
    I think it can take a few more days, if I remember correctly. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it takes days.  And it's actually a longer process, from what an OB told me.  The fertilized egg implants over a couple of days, but it continues to burrow and get attached (?) to the uterine wall over a few weeks.  At least, that's what I was told when I was spotting.  My OB told me that the reason I was spotting at 9 weeks was probably due to implantation.  *shrugs*  I have no idea if that's accurate though.  Maybe he was just trying to make me feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do remember that it takes a long time to actually attach to the wall and start sharing blood, like weeks after fertilization.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I *think* it can take up to 6 weeks.  During your 2 ww then 4 weeks of pregnancy. I had a ton of spotting at 6 weeks, even though I had no implantation spotting during the 2ww. I know you don't share the placenta until 6 weeks. I looked in TCOYF and I didn't see anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"