South Florida Babies
Options

Anyone think of having another?

Let me preface this with I am not pregnant and not trying. (Considering I have no job nor health insurance at the time and am not ready to go through nine months of pregnancy again)

but do you ever think of having another? Even in these tough financial times?

I think I'm nuts (and I can't blame it on hormones since Madison is already 5 months).  I'm not even picturing the sleep deprivation or cost just having two kids running around the house and how nice life is with Madison and possibly another one.

And I was the one years ago that said I never wanted kids or maybe I wanted one and look at me now.   

Re: Anyone think of having another?

• Options
    I'm ready for another but in light of our situation with DH going through chemo we have to wait until 4-6 months after his last chemo before we can try. I guess its a good thing that things happened the way they did because I know we'd wonder how we'd be able to afford 2 little ones at the same time right now so hopefully by the time we are ready things will be looking up better financially for us.
  • Options

Stopping at 1 wouldn't be an option for me unless some extreme circumstance came up. DH is an only child and he really hated the whole experience. Don't get me wrong, he had a very happy childhood and his parents doted on him and dedicated themselves to him 100%, but he really, really, really wishes he had had at least 1 sibling. Not only for when he was younger (he often felt lonely as a child not having a brother or sister to play with, and he thinks he would have been a more outgoing person if he had had a sibling), but also for now, it would be nice for him to have a brother or sister in his life to share all these milestones with (getting married, having and raising children, etc.). Plus, when my ILs get older, we'll have the sole burden/responsibility for caring for them. I've seen my parents go through this with my grandparents, and it's been so hard on them even with several siblings to share the responsibility with, so imagine just one person doing it all to care for two elderly parents.

Anyway, I can only go by what DH has said his personal experience with the whole thing was, so I know for us, having just one is not an option unless something really big happens to prevent us from having more. No offense to anyone who is an only child or plans to have an only child - this is just DH's opinion and I'm sure there are tons of only children out there who feel differently and who loved being an only child. I can't speak from experience since I haven't even had my first yet, but I'm sure all the worries you have right now (like the $$$ and the difficulties of parenting an infant with all the sleepless nights, etc.) will not seem like a big deal in a few years when they are both a little older :)

Now, my mom says that having TWO back to back (my bro and I are 19 months apart) was the best birth control in the world and it definitely ruined their plans to have a 3rd or a 4th, but that's an entirely different story ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think about it every day, and sadly every day the prospects get dimmer and dimmer.

• Options
    My experience is EXACTLY the same as Jen's DH. I am only child and I have always said that I would not want the same for my child, even though my parents gave me everything in the world plus more. Having just one would not be an option for us (unless of course there is a major reason that would prevent us from having another).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We definitely want at least one more.  I loved having a sister when I was little - and even now, the bond we have is great.  I want Kendall to experience that.  Ideally we want to wait until Kendall is 2 - but whatever happens, we will be happy.
  • Options
    We think about it all the time but not in a realistic sense.  We know we want at least two - more likely three.  We also know that we were blessed to have me stay home with Lynda for the year and want me to be able to do that for each of our children.  We laugh when people ask if we're ready for another.  We want more - just not now.  We couldn't afford to now. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We definitely want more but everytime I think about it, I remember the fact that money is way too tight right now and it just isn't possible. In the future thought I think we'd like at least 2-4 children total.
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    still working on this one ;)
  • Options
    I always think about it! Definitely not in the financial situation to do it though, plus with the c-section they advise waiting about 2 years anyway, which is JUST around when we'd consider thinking about it! We would definitely like 2 kids, maybe 3!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options
    I would love to have 2 more...dh wants 1 more....Now that Mikey just turned one i would like for him to have a sibling by the time he is 21/2-3.
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    absolutely!  i think about it all the time...I really don't want Spencer to be an only child and I don't want them to be to far apart.  Josh would like to wait a few more years, but unfortunately, my dr has suggested I be done by the time I'm 35.  Considering I just turned 33 a few days ago, we'll be having the conversation after spencer turns 1.

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Options

hehehe...I have two and think about a third everyday but we are done for now. Dh says that we are done but i think I will bring the subject up again in 2 yrs.?

I always wanted 2 kids since I am an only child and I would've loved to have a sibling. Now as an adult I really miss that.?

• Options

It's hard to wrap my mind around at this point b/c I'm already feeling stretched almost to my limit, but DH feels very strongly that he wants #2 to be between 2-3 years younger than #1, preferably on the 2 years side.  Theoretically I always agreed that that was a good idea, but now that I'm thinking about the fact that we're talking a month or so and then start on #2 I'm beginning to freak out a little more.  But I just step back, take a big breath and remember that family is the most important thing :)  Then of course DS does something to remind me how much he's changed in a year and I suddenly want another one NOW!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"