LGBT Parenting
Options

XP: The Bright Side

Yesterday I pretty much cried off and on most of the day after getting my beta count of 9.2. I tried to figure out of this is my fault. Did I walk the dogs too long? Did the sprint from the house to the car in the rain jostle something? Was it the martini I had at 6dpo? The rational side of me knows none of those things mattered.  So after getting home and sobbing in K's arms for a bit I decided to try and think of some of the good things:

1) We now know for sure that I ovulate

2) We know the donor sperm swims in the right direction

3) We know we had good timing with the IUI (24 hrs post trigger)

4) For now I am 4w3d pregnant and that is special

5) My body knows this isn't a viable pregnancy and is doing what it is supposed to do (although that sucks and it's hard)

We'll see what beta #2 tells us tomorrow but for now I'm looking toward the next cycle and try.

ETA: 6) I know my symptoms were real.  Although they were similar to PMS (sore boobs, peeing alot, etc), they were different.  My bbs felt more like bruises and I was seriously needing to pee every 30 minutes vs. every other hour.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: The Bright Side

• Options
    i'm so impressed by your positive perspective! and you're right - there are many great things that have already come out of this cylce.
  • Options

Those are some really great pros to take from the situation.  You've got great timing and great sperm, and you can get pregnant!  I'm thinking of you. Good luck tomorrow.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so glad you are taking the time to look at the positive.

And please remember, aside from grievous indifference, there is nothing you can do to shake a good pregnancy, and nothing you can do to keep a "bad" one.

This is no more your fault then my m/c was. But we will both get our babies.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But, I think it's great that you are looking at all the positives. I am still hoping for a little miracle tomorrow.
  • Options

i would just like to state for the official record that i think you're amazing.

that's all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"