D.C. Area Babies

NBR: Recommend a quick sandwich to make for a going away party

One of my coworkers is leaving for grad school and I have been tasked with making tea sandwiches (everyone else already picked chips, soda and brownies while I was on vacation last week).  Anyone have any favorite tea sandwiches they make?  I joked that I would bring in PB&J, so I'm hoping I get some ideas so I don't have to do that.  Thanks.

Re: NBR: Recommend a quick sandwich to make for a going away party

• What about getting canned tuna and canned chicken and making both tuna and chicken sandwiches.  I personally am not a fan of the canned chicken, but it would be quick and easy.  Another is spread cream cheese on the bread, slice cucumbers and put that on it too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • how about fancy little chicken salad sandwiches--I love this recipe for rosemary chicken salad:

3 cups chopped roasted skinless boneless chicken breasts (~3/4 lb.)
    1/3 c. chpped green onions
    1/4 c. chopped smoked almonds
    1/4 c. plain fat-free yogurt
    1/4 c. light mayo
    1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
    1 tsp. Dijon mustard
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Mix it up!  Serve however you please!

ETA: you can use Perdue's Quick Cuts instead of having to bake or grill chicken breasts...it's much faster and still pretty good.

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto cream cheese and cucumber or water cress, or cream cheese and jelly for something sweeter.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Here are a couple more:

-ham & cheese sandwich

-egg salad sandwhich

• cream cheese, cucumber, and smoked salmon

• Not sure where in FFX you are, but Wegmans has a great chicken salad in their prepared foods area.  You could slice a baguette and put on some chicken salad, and top with a sliced cherry tomato or greens.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Or you could make veggie pizza's.

2 pillsbury cresent doughs  (spread on cookie sheet and bake until golden brown-let cool)

Meanwhile...

mix together:

1cup sour cream

1 cup cottage cheese

1 package cream cheese

Spread mixture over cooled cresent crust. Dice up cucumbers, carrots, roma tomatoes, green, red, and yellow peppers, celery. Spread over crust and mixture-top with shredded cheese. Chill a few hrs in fridge or overnight. YUM! Enjoy!

• I make these sandwiches every time I'm asked to bring food to a party.  They are always a hit!

You can make them ahead of time and store them in the fridge.  Then just pop them in the oven in the morning or before you go to the party.  

Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm finger rolls
    1 pkg. deli Ham (I use the thick slices)
    1 pkg. Swiss cheese
    1 stick of butter
    1 tsp yellow mustard
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp poppy seeds
    2 tablespoons brown sugar

Split rolls and fill with ham and cheese.  Put in glass Pyrex dish. 

Heat remaining ingredients in a saucepan until brown sugar has incorporated.  Pour over rolls.

Let sit in refridgerator overnight.

Bake on 350 for 15 minutes.

ENJOY!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"