Parenting
Options

How much is too much for a swimsuit?

I found an adorable bikini today that actually looked good on me, and I was in line to buy it when I looked at the price-- it was $68 each piece, so $136. ?

I put it back b/c that seemed like too much. ?

But now I wonder if there is no price too high for a suit that looks good. ?

WDYT? ?Do you have a limit?

Re: How much is too much for a swimsuit?

• Options

How would we know what is too much for you to spend on a swimsuit???

If it looks good...buy it.

Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I think it depends on your budget and how spendy you are.

Personally, I'm having a hard time bringing myself to pay $15 per piece at Target!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

IDK-- I think it's one of those things that there should be a limit on. ?I guess for me $136 is too much. ?JUst wondering if others had a limit or if I was being cheap :)

But then I thought maybe a well fitting suit is truly priceless.?

• Options
    I personally can't spend more than like $80 on a swimsuit...but I don't think I look exceptional in *any* swimsuit. ;)
  • Options

imagefirefightersgal:
    I think it depends on your budget and how spendy you are.

Personally, I'm having a hard time bringing myself to pay $15 per piece at Target!

I would be all over a Target suit, but these days I need a little more, uh, support :)?

• Options

A swimsuit lasts me about 3 seasons, so for me that would be an ok amount. I'm super cheap and go to Nordstrom Rack and get $100 bikinis for $30, but if I was in a bind, yes, I'd pay that much.

OOPS. I re-read the OP. No, I'd stay under $100. I thought that was for both.

DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • Options

That's too much for me.

My bathing suit cost like $70 and I thought thtat was pushing it for me.

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options
    If it looked good, and it was good quality I would pay that much.  I would pay a lot more at this point.  It's been so long since I had a suit that really looked good on me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If it fits ok with your budget (its not a stretch for you to spend that money), it fits you well, seems like good quality and you feel good/look good in it, then I'd spend that in a heartbeat. I guess it also depends how often you're in a swimsuit. Between my aunts pool and weekends at the lake, we spend a good part of the summer in swimsuits, so that's worth it. If you're wearing it twice a summer..maybe not.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options

imagejessicaclare:
    If it fits ok with your budget (its not a stretch for you to spend that money), it fits you well, seems like good quality and you feel good/look good in it, then I'd spend that in a heartbeat. I guess it also depends how often you're in a swimsuit. Between my aunts pool and weekends at the lake, we spend a good part of the summer in swimsuits, so that's worth it. If you're wearing it twice a summer..maybe not.

I didn't have a budget per se, and I would spend that w/o a second thought on shoes or make up or clothes-- but a swimsuit? ?It just gave me serious pause. ?I think you're right to think about use-- I will probably go to the pool once or twice a week, but I have other suits...?

• Options
    I would spend that much if I liked it.
  • Options
    I cannot bring myself to pay more than $50 for one.
  • Options
    I just spend $70 for a JCrew suit.  It hasn't arrived yet and I feel so guilty.  I hope I like the way it fits or it will be returned.  That is the most I've ever spent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"