1st Trimester

what do fried pickles taste like?

I saw that in someones post and I have to say, I've never heard of a fried pickle. dish! what's it like?

Re: what do fried pickles taste like?

• fried pickles=heaven!
  • delicious heaven!
  • Loading the player...
  • a breaded pickle deep fried so they are almost like potato chips and you dip them in either ranch or like onion ring sauce from Burger King... amazing
  • Now I want fried pickles!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG they are so good with ranch dressing!!! They are dipped in a flour batter that has spices in it and then fried. SO GOOD!
  • breaded deep fried heaven.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hard to describe exactly.  

It seems like the heat from the frying process slightly retards the tartness of the dill taste -- so it tastes like a warm, slightly less intense version of a normal pickle, IMO.  :) 

• Best thing you will ever eat!!!  Must dip them in ranch and makes them so much better.
  • The ones I had were cut real thin, and they were a wonderful garlicky dill with a light breading on them... and there was a dipping sauce similar to one you would get with a bloomin' onion.

They were fantastic.

• I must be the only one who is not a fan of fried pickles (the food, not the girl with the SN fried pickles!)

I prefer fried mac-n-cheese or fried green tomatoes any day over fried pickles!!  That's heaven!

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • I have never heard of fried pickles either, but they sound yummy!!  Where on earth do you get them?? =)
  • so do they sell these somewhere at a chain I could try? or do I have to make these myself and if so, anyone have a recipe to share? Wink
  • I've had them at Hooters, but if someone has a recipe, they are my new best friend.

-never had fried green tomatoes or fried mac and cheese...

• imagemiss_beckman:

I've had them at Hooters, but if someone has a recipe, they are my new best friend.

You don't know what your missin' out on!!!

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • They taste like pickles.  That are fried. 

:)

They are super yummy!  If you ever get a chance, definitely try them.

• OMG!! you def must be a northerner!! lol

they are soooo yummy!!

sliced ones are the best (dill)

• I live in the northwest and nobody up here has a clue what I am talking about when I ask about fried pickles. I saw someone on the food network make them a while ago...I think I might have to experiment. They sound delish!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • imagemiss_beckman:
    fried pickles=heaven!

DITTOYes

• imagemadeleines_mommy:

OMG!! you def must be a northerner!! lol

they are soooo yummy!!

sliced ones are the best (dill)

Im in North Dakota?? lmao- we got the fried pickles... oh how my mouth is watering for these! 

• You can get them at Hooters, and they're a plate full of yumminess!

Sonic doesn't put them on the menu, but if you order Pickle-O's, they bring you fried pickles. They're the same price as fries or onion rings. Actually, I don't know if they still do this or not, but they did when I was in college.

Pickle-O's + cherry limeade = mmmmmmm!

• home-made fried pickles:

https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/1581/Authentic-Fried-Dill-Pickles122380.shtml

can you guess what Im making for supper tonight?

• I used to have a recipe for tempura batter that DH and I tried once on pickles - they were ok, but not as good as in restaurants.

They are in a lot of restaurants in the south, though, and maybe some chains (can't think of any off the top of my head), but yeah, they are really good! Some places have fried dill pickle chips, and some have the spears. I like both, but sometimes the problem with spears is that the hot pickle comes out of the batter "shell" when you bite it. Ditto pp about dipping in ranch - it's a must!

mmm, now I might have to get some tonight!

• imagemiss_beckman:

I've had them at Hooters, but if someone has a recipe, they are my new best friend.

I found two online..

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fried-Pickles

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/158374/how_to_make_deep_fried_pickles.html?cat=22

might have to try these this weekend. hmmm

• Yum!  I love fried pickles...and note that I don't like pickles normally.  Anything fried is good, right?  There are tons of places near us that have them...some make fried pickle chips, and some have fried pickle spears.  DH & I are quite the connoisseurs! lol, we try them everywhere...that and spin/artichoke dip.  Yummy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So strange!  I had no idea you could fry a pickle.  Sounds yummy!
  • Oh, I want some!!!  With ranch to dip em in of course.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
    ~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
    ~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
    ~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  
  • imageMrs.Jason.9.15.07:

I must be the only one who is not a fan of fried pickles (the food, not the girl with the SN fried pickles!)

I prefer fried mac-n-cheese or fried green tomatoes any day over fried pickles!!  That's heaven!

Fried Green Tomatoes...yummy!

Back home in Virginia you can buy green tomatoes at the grocery store, but oh no, not in Texas.  May have to have my own plants next year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
    ~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
    ~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
    ~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  
  • The best I've had are at Quaker Steak and Lube. They're spears, not slices so you get more pickled than fried. Too bad there's not one closer to me or I'd be out the door!
  • imageAngelaC13:
    The best I've had are at Quaker Steak and Lube. They're spears, not slices so you get more pickled than fried. Too bad there's not one closer to me or I'd be out the door!

::giggles::

pickled... you said pickled!

::snickers::

• There's a really cool bar no too far from me that serves them, they are soooo good. I had no idea Hooters had them, but that's prob because I have never eaten there. I might have to now!!
  • imageJerseygirl16:
    So strange!  I had no idea you could fry a pickle.  Sounds yummy!

IMO you can fry just about anything. We have a restraunt out here that fries corn on the cob, YUM! I went to the TX state fair and saw fried PB&J Sandwich, course there is always the fried Snickers bar too. =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The fried pickles that are on the appetizer menu at Black Eyed Peas are the best in the world... They kick the ones from Hooters' ass. They are so darn good.
  • Buffalo wild wings had them.
  • HEAVEN! Mmmmm yummy
  • DH loves them, I'm not a pickle fan - recently we found Friday's Frozen Appetizers has fried pickles, which he loves making in the home deep fryer...I prefer the Fried Green Beans & Spinach Dip! All we have tried have come out great. Most chain restaurants & local bars in our area have fried pickles on the app menu
  • Almost as good as fried green beans
  • If you have a Smash Burger location near by, they sell them. 
  • My favorite are the spears over the chips. In undergrad there was a restaurant that had fried pickles with the most amazing creole dipping sauce.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Amazing deliciousness!

Buffalo Wild Wings has them on their menu too.

***SIGGY/TICKER WARNING***

TTC since September 2012 ~ DH(32): Non-obstructive azoospermia, Me(32): Normal

10/13 - TESE found sperm!! ~ 11/13 - IVF w/ ICSI #1 ~ ER 11/23/13 ~ 10 R, 9 M, 8 F

ET 11/29/13 ~ Transferred 2 beautiful hatching blasts, 5 frosties

12/5/13 -  BFP!!! Beta #1 (12/7/13) - 189  Beta #2 (12/9/13) - 401 Beta #3 5871

12/16/13 U/S #1 - TWINS!! EDD - August 16, 2014 ~ 7/19/14 - Our beautiful baby girls joined the world!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"