Pennsylvania Babies

Recommend your crib mattress

I have a coupon for 15% off crib mattresses at BRU and would like to use it if I could.  Anyone buy their mattress from there?  What do you recommend?  If not BRU, where did you go?  Thanks a bunch! 

Re: Recommend your crib mattress

• We bought a Serta Perfect sleeper firm. ?I believe its from baby's r us. ?Eli has always slept wonderfully on it!
  • Colgate Classica I (One of the top recs. in Baby Bargins) - I think BRU sells it, but we got ours at Just for Kids in Lancaster when we bought the crib.

• Loading the player...
  • We have the Serta Perfect Sleeper too.  Nice mattress, not expensive. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby Bargains suggests a foam mattress instead of a coil one. We got a colgate from albeebaby.com for $99. Last I checked they do free shipping over $100, so add a pacifier or something to get free shipping!
  • fxz109fxz109 member

We got a foam colgate mattress from somewhere online.  It cost a total of $105 inc. shipping. 

Since crib sheets have to fit really tightly, you're going to need to pick the mattress up to get them on there properly - that's where the foam mattress comes in handy. 

• Unfortunately, I don't think BRU carries foam mattresses, which are recommended over spring mattresses and combo mattresses.

Our Colgate Classica I came from Rock'A'Bye - $109 plus tax.

• Ours came from BRU, but I don't know if they carry it anymore. It was the

BABY BEAUTYREST BACKCARE VII MATTRESS.

It was rated well in Baby Bargains.

• We have a Colgate Classica III from greatbeginnings online store.  It was a little over $100 & free shipping.  It's a store in Gaithersburg, Md so it will get to you pretty quickly.  I'm glad we went with foam b/c sheet changes are much easier since it's lighter than coil.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Colgate Classica, too.  It's held up wonderfully, even after 2 kids.
  • First of all, Baby Bargains, and some other books I had read recommend a firm foam mattress and all the ones at BRU are spring coil ones.  We did not get ours there, we got it at IKEA.  A foam firm mattress and great price to boot and it was less than $100.  We bought our crib and mattress and some bedding accessories (mattress protector, crib sheets etc.) for less than $200 total.  I highly recommend IKEA. 
    BFP #1= DD, We've been TTC DC #2 since 8/11. BFP #2 on 4/18/12, BO confirmed on 5/21/12, natural mc 0n 6/1/12. BFP #3 on 10/11/12.... Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"