D.C. Area Babies
Options

Nursing in public...

I do it now and don't care.  I used to try to go hide somewhere (a public bathroom, ick), or cover dd with a blanket or nursing cover (she hates it), but now I just whip it out.  Ok, I do try to face away from people and be discreet, but I refuse to feed my child in a dirty public restroom.  She is eating!  I met a friend at Chick-Fil-A yesterday for lunch, and we were in a corner booth, so I just turned toward the wall and started nursing.  She asked if I needed a blanket and I said "no, thanks."  LOL

Re: Nursing in public...

• Options

You get kudos from me :)

I've NIP but always used a blanket, or went to an unused area of the restaurant.

As modest as I am NOT, I was quite surprised at how bashful I was when it came to NIP... I think it's due to my mom's anti-BFing stance.

America is way too uptight about the whole topic. If someone sees a "nip slip," chances are they are looking too hard!

• Options
    You get a big high five from me! I hope I can follow in your footsteps when my time comes.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's strange how you can end up that way, huh?  I used to go to the car to nurse, but one day I just found a bench and did it.  It was great!  After that, I just didn't care anymore.  

• Options
    Kudos! ?I will usually use a nursing cover, but no way will you find me in a public bathroom stall. ?That is just depressing!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am like you...no real shame in my game. I nurse anywhere and have never retreated to a bathroom. I think it is ridiculous how people get offended by something so natural. And now ds is always pushing away the cover so I have given that up and will only use it in church.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm all for "allowing" nursing in public... but, if your dining companion was uncomfortable with you whipping it out, and basically asked you to cover with a blanket, than I think it's a little rude.  I mean, *she's* eating, too.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecrazyDCbride:
    I'm all for "allowing" nursing in public... but, if your dining companion was uncomfortable with you whipping it out, and basically asked you to cover with a blanket, than I think it's a little rude.  I mean, *she's* eating, too.

LOL.  She wasn't uncomfortable, I've nursed in front of her before at her house.  She thought I would be since I didn't have my own blanket, and I might need hers.

• Options
    And she's a nursing mom herself with two kids.
  • Options
    Major kudos!  It's weird, but I say I love NIP.  I like feeling like I'm doing my small part to make it easier for moms in the future.  I wouldn't cover up even if someone was uncomfortable.  That's their own issue, not mine that they wouldn't have if it was more common for moms to nurse where they wanted.  Go you!!
  • Options

imageAnnaBananaBelle:
    Major kudos!  It's weird, but I say I love NIP.  I like feeling like I'm doing my small part to make it easier for moms in the future.  I wouldn't cover up even if someone was uncomfortable.  That's their own issue, not mine that they wouldn't have if it was more common for moms to nurse where they wanted.  Go you!!

I agree that if someone is uncomfortable with me NIP, then it is their own issue.  When I feed dd it's not like I'm undressing in the middle of a restaurant.  I am very discreet about it, and someone would have to look awfully hard to maybe catch a glimpse of a nip.  Everyone has babies, and a lot of those people nurse, so why is it so embarrassing???  That's what boobs are for.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"