Florida Babies
Options

OB/GYN in Sarasota/Bradenton

Hi Everybody!! I live in Sarasota, I just recently found out I was pregnant. I am trying to find a doctor but all the ratings and stuff I have read kinda stink. So if you like you're doctor please recommend them to me. Thanks sooo much!!

<3 Stephanie

about 6 weeks pregnant

Re: OB/GYN in Sarasota/Bradenton

• Options
    Hi there.  I use Dr. Alverez and Dr. McCullen in Lakewood Ranch.  My friend uses Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Cohen on Bee Ridge in Sarasota.  We both are very happy.  I guess it just depends on where you want to deliver as well. Lakewood Ranch hospital (which doesn't have a NIC unit) or Sarasota Memorial which has one of the best NIC units in the country. I just have been going to this group for my annuals for so long and had a friend that delivered there and was very happy.  Congrats and Good Luck to you!
  • Options
    JL2003JL2003 member
    I went to Dr. Jamison on Bee Ridge and Cattleman. Thier practice is wonderful. I delivered at Sarasota Memorial.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just moved down here in Jan and my Aunt reccomended Dr. Sullivan and Cohen on Bee Ridge... I have been going and so far they have been great.?

??

• Options
    In Sarasota, I highly recommend Sullivan and Cohen.  Garner is also good. He used to be with them and recentley went out on his own.
  • Options

I see Dr. Hoertz and he is wonderful.  He is in with Towsley, Hammel, and Dyal on the top floor of Waldemere.

Good Luck!

• Options

imageSANDYPANTS80:
    Hi there.  I use Dr. Alverez and Dr. McCullen in Lakewood Ranch.  My friend uses Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Cohen on Bee Ridge in Sarasota.  We both are very happy.  I guess it just depends on where you want to deliver as well. Lakewood Ranch hospital (which doesn't have a NIC unit) or Sarasota Memorial which has one of the best NIC units in the country. I just have been going to this group for my annuals for so long and had a friend that delivered there and was very happy.  Congrats and Good Luck to you!

I am not pregnant, but was checking the board out to research cost of childcare in Bradenton/Sarasota area.  Dr Cohen is awesome, I worked for him and I see his nurse practitioner Carol. They are both great, I switched to his practice last year because I want him to deliver any future babies I may have. My sister also currently works in this office and she loves it. They have a great staff!

I have also heard good things about Dr Alverex and Dr McCullen in Lakewood Ranch.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have been seeing Dr Shroder with First Physicians.  He delivered my 10 yr old daughter as well.  He is very nice, knowledgeable and caring.  I have heard great things about Dr Cohen and the group he is wilth also.
  • Options

I've heard great things about Cohen as well.

Make sure you check your insurance and know which hopsital you will deliver at.  I have HMO so I can only go to LWR, which is fine because I live in LWR and would have picked them first anyway.  But SMH wouldn't have been a choice for me if I had wanted to go to them.

I go to Alvarez and McCullen.  I've only met McCullen so far, but she is really great, a very warm person who gives me hugs whenever I see her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"