North Carolina Babies
Options

Calorie Question

How many calories should I eat per day if I want to start losing this weight?  I'm BFing and am having a hard time finding an online calculator to tell me what my daily allowance should be to lose weight.  I want to eat enough to support BFing but not any more than I need, b/c I have ALOT of weight to lose.  Anyone have an idea on this?

Re: Calorie Question

• Options

Hi there!  I wasn't using it at the time, so I'm not precisely sure how it works, but I do know that Weight Watchers has an option for women who are breastfeeding. 

Obviously, that would cost, but there is an online-only option that's quick and convenient if you don't have time for meetings, etc.  Does help keep track of what to eat.

GL!

Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • Options
    I think you need 500 extra calories to BF, and they should be mostly protein.  So if you want to lose weight, you should probably figure out how many calories you would need to consume to lose weight, then add 300-500 calories onto that.  I think that would do it.  The main thing is just to eat nutritiously and get some exercise.  I lost a lot of weight quickly when I started eating better and moving more.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageECUGirl2004:
    I think you need 500 extra calories to BF, and they should be mostly protein.  So if you want to lose weight, you should probably figure out how many calories you would need to consume to lose weight, then add 300-500 calories onto that.  I think that would do it.  The main thing is just to eat nutritiously and get some exercise.  I lost a lot of weight quickly when I started eating better and moving more.

This is kinda what I was planning (well, before DD and BFing, if I wanted to lose weight, I cut 500 cals out of my diet daily, so I was planning on doing that, then adding 300-500 for BFing).

A friend of mine let me borrow her WW stuff to look thru.  While I think I'd like the online system, I know I'm better at counting calories since I've done that in the past, instead of trying to figure out points.  But if my calorie counting doesn't work, I will try WW online.  =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"