Texas Babies

Possible Relocation

My DH maybe relocated to San Antonio. I don't know where to start to look for somewhere to live. Can any of you give me some suggestions of a good neighborhood/school districts? Or sell me on moving there?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Possible Relocation

• Where will your DH be working? ?There are many nice places to live, but like any large city, driving to work can be a pain if you live on the other side of town from where you work! ?

San Antonio is pretty spread out for a city of its size, which is why it has a rep for being the "largest small town" since it doesn't have the crowded, bunched up, piled together feel some big cities have. ?Even many people who live here have no idea that SA is the 7th largest city in the US (even larger than Dallas in population).

San Antonio has one of the lowest costs of living of any of the major metropolitan areas - so many people who relocate here are pleasantly surprised on the amount of home they can afford.?

HTH!?

• Yes, it's best to start your search on the side of town you and/or DH would be working.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • He works for Best Buy and would be traveling between all the stores- so I guess we are pretty open.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well, there are hundreds of good neighborhoods so you're going to have to be more specific as to what you're looking for.

As far as selling you,?

*no more ice storms (I know KC gets plenty)

*friendly, family oriented city

*cost of living is similar to KC

*margaritas on your patio Christmas Day

*sunny most days

*if you move to the right area, traffic isn't bad at all

*3 hours from the beach, 6 hours from a really nice beach

School districts- Northside ISD and Northeast ISD would probably be your best bet. However, I'm warning you; they're huge! And there are good (and not so good) schools within the districts. I know you're wanting the "good" but there are too many to list. ?

okay, that's all I got tonight. Honestly, SA is what you want it to be. If you move here with the right attitude, you could be very happy. If you compare it to "home" 24-7 you probably won't be. My parents left St. Louis when I was a baby (for here) and would never move back. My dh is from Springfield, MO and loves it here.?

GL!

• If you move here, be ready for some hot weather and drought conditions!
  • San Antonio has been great!  There are so many fun things to do here and I personally love the weather, even when it's really really hot.  If you need any help I'm a Realtor and would be happy to email you some homes if you do decide to move.  Good luck!  My email is jennifersimko at kw.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"